does slip on exhaust affect performance

fredkb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey everyone. I am wanting to add a little growl to my exhaust sound. I am not interested in performance gains, only a little rumble . If I install a slip on muffler, staintune, yoshi, etc.. will I lose any low or mid range power if everything else is left stock. Thanks for any input. I dont think this topic has been addressed before, if it has, my apologies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
fredkb_imp said:
Hey everyone. I am wanting to add a little growl to my exhaust sound. I am not interested in performance gains, only a little rumble . If I install a slip on muffler, staintune, yoshi, etc.. will I lose any low or mid range power if everything else is left stock. Thanks for any input. I dont think this topic has been addressed before, if it has, my apologies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
A lot of us have Staintune exhaust - high quality, great sound, high price. Others has a other brands. Check the accessories section of the forum.

I didn't notice any changes with the slip-on until I freed up the intake side. Then there was noticable gains in performance.

I don't believe you see any performance losses in any RPM range and will probably gain a little across the board. But you may not notice signifiant gains. The CB will definitely sound better.
 
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly does a slip-on work? I'm assuming it uses the stock header. What's the installation difficulty?
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly does a slip-on work? I'm assuming it uses the stock header. What's the installation difficulty?

It is a differently shaped or sized or restricted muffler. Clamps to the stock head pipe in front down by the footpegs, bolts in back similar to the stock unit or with a extended mounting bar for some of the lower slip ons.

Compared to the stock unit, it usually makes more noise, can make more or less hp, always weighs less.
 
The ferret_imp said:
shdwghst457_imp said:
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly does a slip-on work? I'm assuming it uses the stock header. What's the installation difficulty?

It is a differently shaped or sized or restricted muffler. Clamps to the stock head pipe in front down by the footpegs, bolts in back similar to the stock unit or with a extended mounting bar for some of the lower slip ons.

Compared to the stock unit, it usually makes more noise, can make more or less hp, always weighs less.
On the CB1100, does it involve cutting the stock exhaust? I'm not a fan of "permanent" mods. At that point I would keep the stock exhaust intact and maybe replace the whole system.
 
No aftermarket 'bolt on' end can or slip on exhaust pipe has ever needed any cutting away of the standard header pipes. Hence the names.;)
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but how exactly does a slip-on work? I'm assuming it uses the stock header. What's the installation difficulty?
Loosen one clamp. Loosen and remove the hanger nut and bolt. Slip the original can off. Slip the new can on. Insert hanger bolt and tighten nut. Tighten the clamp.

It's just that fast, just that easy, with Kraft Miracle Whip.
 
Back
Top