do you use your cb as a commuter

My commute is about 28 miles each way, all interstate. I don't commute by motorcycle -- it's not worth getting geared up for, plus I don't necessarily enjoy riding on the freeway.
 
jitaylor_imp said:
I commute 48 miles round trip almost all of it on the Turnpike. My mileage experience mirrors yours pretty closely. Taking it easy one can get 45/gallon or so, but riding aggressively makes the mileage come down pretty dramatically. Some days I take the supersport and go a tad faster. Mileage is lousy but I get to work fast. Mostly just go on the CB1100.
I never want to get to work fast.
 
I do. 25 miles one way. Most part is on interstate (which is actually almost standing in the evening). 75-85 mph, about 42 mpg.

Would prefer to fuel up more seldom, otherwise I'm happy with the bike. It's narrow enough and the engine's wide torque range is helpful very much.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
jitaylor_imp said:
I commute 48 miles round trip almost all of it on the Turnpike. My mileage experience mirrors yours pretty closely. Taking it easy one can get 45/gallon or so, but riding aggressively makes the mileage come down pretty dramatically. Some days I take the supersport and go a tad faster. Mileage is lousy but I get to work fast. Mostly just go on the CB1100.
I never want to get to work fast.
I never want to get to work fast.
Yes, somedays, I confess, I show slight disrespect to the speed limit. Seems silly just to get to work as you say.
562loosenoodle_imp said:
Yes I have a 50 mile round trip strait through Downtown Los Angeles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geez, that must be interesting.
 
Each and every day without fail ( unless the Frozen stuff is in the forecast ). One of the joys of my life is the bad weather days where you get the "Look at that crazy mofo " looks. Priceless and I love it !

Really need to take the plunge on a second bike so the CB is not eating so many miles

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
 
Same here. Although my old commute was not much of a trip. It was only 5 miles straight up a 7 lane major thoroughfare. Only took 10 min. most mornings. I used to alternate between the CB11 and CB750 to spread the love. :P

Nowadays I actually ride fewer days, since I often stay home all day and work on projects around the house.
 
I have an 8 mile (one way) commute. 6 right hand turns except for the last one. Whenever weather allows I'm on the CB.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I have an 8 mile (one way) commute. 6 right hand turns except for the last one. Whenever weather allows I'm on the CB.
The right sides of your tires must be worn much more than the left sides :-)
 
I get about 37 to low 40's commuting to work but, it's just a couple of miles each way. However, that day will add another 26 mi. (13 each way) down to the beach where I have a surf ski I take out on the ocean to forget the work day and get some exercise. The CB seat feels like a loaf of warm bread, at least at the start and, there's something about the front end (the clocks?) that smooths out the mild wind blast and keeps me pleased I am content with a "naked bike". The machine does everything: it splits lanes, leaves cages far behind, is quiet - quite the gentleman/woman and, has those lovely tie-down points when I want to strap on some gear. Usually, I've got the gym bag strapped over my shoulder with the weight just behind me on the passenger seat. There is such comfort and, for this experienced rider, continuity in the beautifully lit analogue gauges. I wish I didn't have to fill up so often but, I chose this bike for the under-stressed engine and it's "regular gas" fuel requirements. Heck! Even the Indians & Harleys require premium now. Although the bat wing fairings of those rides are appealing on a relatively cold night's return home in the dark, I don't regret exchanging one for my 1100. The heft and responsiveness tax factor of these beauties have kept me at bay to date.
 
Back
Top