Do you use Facebook? (post-forum alternative)

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Given the impending closure of the forum it is important that we have a backup means of communication especially for the planning of the meets, rides and rallies.

Facebook already has various CB1100 groups and, honestly, sometimes it is difficult to know which is which. So, if transferring the forum to a new administrator is not an option, I suggest we (meaning EmptySea :cool: ) create a facebook group page aptly named CB1100 Forum. We could try to emulate Mickey and George's moderation rulebook and when people request to join the secret question could be "What was your screen name in the CB1100 Forum?" Just an idea...

Maybe we can even get Mickey and George to learn the facebooking... :D

What do you think?
 
Nemo_imp said:
Given the impending closure of the forum it is important that we have a backup means of communication especially for the planning of the meets, rides and rallies.

Facebook already has various CB1100 groups and, honestly, sometimes it is difficult to know which is which. So, if transferring the forum to a new administrator is not an option, I suggest we (meaning EmptySea :cool: ) create a facebook group page aptly named CB1100 Forum. We could try to emulate Mickey and George's moderation rulebook and when people request to join the secret question could be "What was your screen name in the CB1100 Forum?" Just an idea...

Maybe we can even get Mickey and George to learn the facebooking... :D

What do you think?
Is that a given and is it impending? Last I read, some are working behind the scenes to keep it open? Anyone care to update that?
 
I'm OK with running a "forum" on FB with my friend with the slow, black bike. However, I'm not certain that the CB1100 web forum is dead just yet and I don't want to do anything that would hasten its departure.

As an avid participant in both social media outlets (yes, this forum is "social media", perhaps in its purest form even), I like how the CB1100Forum is organized - Posts are in defined categories, etc. It's harder to post photos, but easier to find them here than on Facebook..

I don't think I can stress this enough -- I want this forum to continue in this format. IF it is determined that we should establish a CB1100Forum FB Group/Page, then I will help Nemo administer it. IF IF IF Get it? Got it. Good.
 
Houtman_imp said:
No Facebook for me either but than I am no longer important on this Forum as I no longer have a CB 1100 .......
John, who said you are not important??
Yes, you are important and still member of this forum, and most likely your age or health conditions "forced" you to sell all three CBs.
Sooner or later most of us will be without a bike as well.
:beerchug:
 
Nemo_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Answer: Nooo.
We'll miss you
We'll miss you
... I would hope so. Forget me like I never existed would be ideal.
EmptySea_imp said:
I'm OK with running a "forum" on FB with my friend with the slow, black bike. However, I'm not certain that the CB1100 web forum is dead just yet and I don't want to do anything that would hasten its departure.

As an avid participant in both social media outlets (yes, this forum is "social media", perhaps in its purest form even), I like how the CB1100Forum is organized - Posts are in defined categories, etc. It's harder to post photos, but easier to find them here than on Facebook..

I don't think I can stress this enough -- I want this forum to continue in this format. IF it is determined that we should establish a CB1100Forum FB Group/Page, then I will help Nemo administer it. IF IF IF Get it? Got it. Good.
Aye. :beerchug:
 
I don’t do Facebook either.
 
I am on Facebook and have joined the CB1100 group, but Facebook can't compare to this Forum. It will be a very pale replacement if that's all we're left with.
 
As far as whats going on: i havent heard back from Guth at all unfortunately. The best outcome is still having somebody take over financially and managerially, but thats impossible without direct cooperation.

Personally, i dont use facebook and never will. Im focused on keeping this community functioning.
 
Thread starter
No social media platform will ever replace this “place” but should the forum disappear we can still have a “place”.

Like Matt said, I don’t want the forum to die. However, given the current state, it would be nice if we were still able to communicate and exchange info in a place that is ours and a Facebook group is the best idea I can come up with, but I’m open to suggestions and will go wherever the bunch decides to go.

If the forum goes the way of the Steller’s Sea Cow I will greatly miss it but I’m happy that I’ll be able to stay in touch with the ones of youse who join the FB group.

Here til the end, nonetheless...
 
It will be Twitter’s electric era.
 
I thought their already was a Facebook group the same as this one…i have been participating in but it takes forever to get a post approved. 4.9k members.

Facebook


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
jkblaq_imp said:
I thought their already was a Facebook group the same as this one…i have been participating in but it takes forever to get a post approved. 4.9k members.

Facebook


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There are more than 1 facebook pages for CB1100 enthusiasts, but none are the successor to the CB1100 Forum. :cool:

ETA: The CB1100 FORUM Facebook page is live. You are all welcome to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/78811116...&ref=notif
 
Back
Top