Do you name your bikes or cars?

My wife makes all her vehicles - her Spyder is "White Lightning".
Me, I ride them.

Like my neighbor the farmer told me once about his cattle, if you name them they become pets.
 
My Suburban: Sue Bourban
'86 Kawasaki 750: Adele (License plate starts with ADL)
'14 CB STD: The Black Wolf
Also used to own a '93 Nissan 240sx that I called "Angel". Everybody else called it the Tactical 240 though. lol

Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Well I didn't name it but my 27 year old daughter still lives at home and I have to sneak out of the house to ride solo:P. She named it "Big Red" Good thang she don't ride or:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ralph
 
I had a '90 Buick Skylark I called the "Quasi Luxury Mobile" due to its fake wood-grain interior accents. Other than that, no. It's either, "The Ford" (wife's car), "The Chevy" (my car), "The Yamaha" and the "Honda" (my bikes).
 
Why, yes, I do name my motorcycles and cars....

Current vehicles:
2014 CB1100 Dlx: "Dexter" (because everything is so "right" about it)
2014 VW Passat TDI SE: "Vinnie" (because it's a diesel, as in Vin Diesel, and yes, we're peeved about the recent VW emissions scandal!!)
2006 Toyota Scion xB: "Skyler" (because it has the goggled-eyed look of a cartoon character with the same name, from the comic strip Shoe)
1987 Porsche 944S: "Bassie" (because it could just fit an orchestral double-bass inside)

Previous vehicles:
2012 NC700X: "Tango" (because it was painted Candy Tangerine!)
2012 Mazda 3: "Minnie" (because it was quite small inside)
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE: "Willoughby" (because it was whale-like inside & out, name taken from the Raffi children's song "Willoughby, wallaby, woosan..."!)
1996 Ford Escort SE: "Courtney2" (similar to below)
1991 Ford Escort Wagon: "Courtney" (play on the word escort)
1986 Chevrolet Suburban: "Wildebeest" (due to sheer size)

Yes, naming things like this IS silly, but it sure is a lot of fun!
fritz
 
I refuse to name them, but sometimes I refer to them by color, just out of stupidity and laziness.

K1200RS = The yellow one
F800ST = The grey one
F800GT = The white one
CB1100 = The red one
CB50R = The silver one
Altima = The blue one
Element = The green one
XK140 = The Jag
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I refuse to name them, but sometimes I refer to them by color, just out of stupidity and laziness.

K1200RS = The yellow one
F800ST = The grey one
F800GT = The white one
CB1100 = The red one
CB50R = The silver one
Altima = The blue one
Element = The green one
XK140 = The Jag
I always figured if someone had a pre-Ford-Jaguar that was a bit difficult...

....you could name it The Jag-Off.
 
I named mine:

Bruce Lee (CB1100)
Tuco (Aprilia Tuono V4R); for those that have watched Breaking Bad, that character Tuco reminds me of my Tuono (high strung, angry, psychotic)
 
MikeOxbig_imp said:
I named mine:

Bruce Lee (CB1100)
Tuco (Aprilia Tuono V4R); for those that have watched Breaking Bad, that character Tuco reminds me of my Tuono (high strung, angry, psychotic)
You must be young! When I saw Tuco I though Eli Wallach in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly :D
 
2014 Std CB - Black - "Rolling Coal" Coal for short. I teach a lot of clean diesel technology and often use YouTube clips of rolling coal in my classes.
 
Maximus_imp said:
Seabee_imp said:
I was reading the thread where InHouse Bob posted a picture of his CB with his daughter and someone commented how she resembled the insurance advertisement girl who has named her car Brad.
It got me to thinking "Do you or have you ever named your bike or car"
I personally have on occasion but not always and as yet have not applied one to my CB.
Some previous names have been:
McQueen given to my 1968 Honda CL450 which reminded me of Steve McQueens scrambling days.
Beast given to my 2010 F150 Harley Davidson truck.
Polly given to my 2002 Porsche Boxster S

A colleague has owned a CB750F for a few years and it's known amongst us as Smith because he lives close to a park here in Fort Lauderdale called CB Smith Park.
I've always named my cars and bikes, and just as ships are always referred to as she, the names I choose are always female. Lol.

RED ROSIE - Car/current (modified from "Red Rover" kids rhyme)

BUFFY - 1st bike Piaggio MP3 250 (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

THUNDAAR - 2nd/current Bike CB750 (fav cartoon)

RIPLEY - 3rd/current Bike CB1100 (from the film Aliens)
I just found this thread since I FINALLY named my CB this morning while getting gas - I named her Ripley too :beerchug:
 
I once named a car Christine because it seems to have a life all of its own - Stephen King book and film, good film.
 
She has been rather coy, even playful, about telling me her name. She's sent me a few false leads in regard to a name just for fun, but apparently it's not time yet. (She's been mine for 3 months.) I'll keep listening and may post later when I know.
 
Back
Top