Do not text and ride

Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Yes, a very poor idea as shown by this incredibly lucky idiot.

Man, if I live in a place where people just tailgate so routinely as in that video, I think I'd give up motorcycle road riding.
 
We don't really know, at least as of my last perusal of the news, what this guy was doing. Maybe he was checking his GPS. The take away is this: pay attention to your ride and pull over if you need to check ANY device.
Oh.. And wear a freakin helmet!!!
 
What's wrong with you blokes? The only time I read the forum is when I'm riding the bike. Indeed,maps I write this the speedo says 125 kph as I hurtle somewhere or other. Any fool can read, p
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What's wrong with you blokes? The only time I read the forum is when I'm riding the bike. Indeed,maps I write this the speedo says 125 kph as I hurtle somewhere or other. Any fool can read, p
Exactly! It seemed clear by the name that this is the CB1100 forum. It's not the couch forum or the lounge chair forum. Where else would you post from?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What's wrong with you blokes? The only time I read the forum is when I'm riding the bike. Indeed,maps I write this the speedo says 125 kph as I hurtle somewhere or other. Any fool can read, p
You jest (I think), but the first time I saw a blatant example of distracted driving involved reading.

I was in in Montgomery, AL, in 1999 driving my '71 Stingray. As I pulled alongside a blue Dodge Caravan, I noticed the driver's head was down. I thought he was falling asleep at the wheel and I was about to blow my horn...when I saw him turn a page in the book he was reading. We were doing 65 mph on I-85 at the time.

I accelerated briskly and got the hell out of there.
 
Yeah, I can barely text with two feet on ground and no gloves on. I can't imagine one of ours with gloves on.

Leave that stuff in the circus and keep families safe on the road.
 
The guy in the original link that threw away his life was 43. If you haven't learned certain things by that time in your life this was the inevitable ending that he was predestined for. Whether it occurred on a bike while texting with no helmet on, or driving at .21 blood alcohol on a twisty ice covered mountain road. Or a host of many other ways that involve poor risk management decisions or lifestyle habits. Luckily, he didn't take anyone else with him. Either as a pillion or innocent bystander.
 
Frulk_imp said:
The guy in the original link that threw away his life was 43. If you haven't learned certain things by that time in your life this was the inevitable ending that he was predestined for. Whether it occurred on a bike while texting with no helmet on, or driving at .21 blood alcohol on a twisty ice covered mountain road. Or a host of many other ways that involve poor risk management decisions or lifestyle habits. Luckily, he didn't take anyone else with him. Either as a pillion or innocent bystander.
^ +1 = wisely said
 
Back
Top