DLX on its way!

Rick, if you’re prepared to sign up to Imgur, it provides the easiest way to post photos. See Max’s great thread on the subject http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12717.

Otherwise, on a PC, Windows 10 has a handy app called Image Resizer which will do the job for you. On a Mac, you can use Preview.
 
Thread starter
Rick, congratulations again on your purchase. I hope you're as delighted with the bike as I was!

For the benefit of others following this thread, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with the shipper, Daily Direct (Haul Bikes). I've always been impressed with their service and professionalism but would love to hear your take. Would you use them again?
 
Nice looking pair Rick! 2 2014s are a bit redundant, but I like it!

The first CB1100 I saw up close and personal was a black 2014. I still think about adding one to the stable, but it makes no sense what so ever.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Thanks GO. I don’t have any plans to go anywhere unless I get kicked out. This is a great forum and I’ve learned a lot from the folks here.

You never know — there could be another CB in my future (I’ve had 5 and still have my CB50R), but given my current health situation, it’s doubtful. I hope to be able to ride my F800GT with confidence and control some time again soon, and I’ve decided to keep my R1200RT as an aspirational stretch goal, but there’s no way I could muster the energy to ride it now.
It a great forum! If they haven't kicked me out yet, you don't have any worries LOL

Hope your health issues get better soon!

I think all us older riders thankful for every day we can still ride!
 
jdgrego1_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
What? No RLETS? Send it back!
what are RLETS?
what are RLETS?
Rubber Lever End Thingies. There’s a few threads on the topic on the board. Basically, a little rubber boot that covers the ball at the end of the brake and clutch levers. It’s an easy mod (though you may struggle a bit getting them on) that gives the bike a vintage look. It’s a Honda oem part for the 70’s CB550 (?) that Bikebandit or other parts houses may still sell.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ahhh, Padawan, the journey to RLET enlightenment is long and one you must take on your own. Complete your CB is not. RLETs you must have. Do or do not. There is no try.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2491
Maybe this has been brought up in the past, but would it make sense to have the "Definition of RLET" as mandatory new Forum member onboard reading when they sign up?

Heck, maybe even a small pop-quiz after reading the Forum onboarding fine print. Maybe a quick multiple choice checkbox, or a PM to the Lordship with the answer scribed on it - you know, "An RLET is ... " - minimum 500 words should suffice as membership prerequisite. :D
 
Back
Top