DLX on its way!

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
My DLX is off to its very excited new owner in OH. Picked up today at my home in CO by Haul Bikes, who I’ve used several times before and highly recommend! Very professional.

The driver is heading west to collect more bikes (Breckinridge, Durango, Grand Junction) before heading east and unloading the bikes at their Oklahoma City hub so they can continue to their final destination.


cc340eaf2d0a1ae887b7e0e247311406.jpg


e5ba3086cf9ac9c3701371b12f4bbf75.jpg


4e2cc8048867695173827948025d141b.jpg


b6ae6779aab81e9268c4849bcb7c7c01.jpg
 
rickcb_imp said:
Yes, I am very excited. I have two cans of Honda polish ready.
And a can of chain lube ? :rofl:
 
I'm sorry it's leaving you LongRanger, but pleased its going to a good home.
 
Just out of curiosity, what was the cost for hauling the bike this distance?

I paid under $500 to have a Thruxton shipped from Ohio to NorCal back in 2016, but the guy was running a much smaller operation compared to this
 
The ferret_imp said:
rickcb_imp said:
Yes, I am very excited. I have two cans of Honda polish ready.
And a can of chain lube ? :rofl:
And a can of chain lube ? :rofl:
I have 3 full cans of chain lube. Just in case. If some is good, more is better, right?
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Just out of curiosity, what was the cost for hauling the bike this distance?

I paid under $500 to have a Thruxton shipped from Ohio to NorCal back in 2016, but the guy was running a much smaller operation compared to this
$599
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm sorry it's leaving you LongRanger, but pleased its going to a good home.
Thanks Cormanus. It certainly is going to a good home. And it came from a good home, too. Rickcb has been an absolute pleasure to work with. It goes to show that two parties, 1000 miles apart, can transact a blind deal with full trust and confidence.

Rickcb, I highly doubt you’ll need both cans of polish! Please send photos when they deliver it!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I'm sorry it's leaving you LongRanger, but pleased its going to a good home.
Agreed Cormanus.

LongRanger - in all likelihood, your ol' Forum presence will be missed (unless, of course, you are upgrading to a later CB model).
 
Thread starter
Thanks GO. I don’t have any plans to go anywhere unless I get kicked out. This is a great forum and I’ve learned a lot from the folks here.

You never know — there could be another CB in my future (I’ve had 5 and still have my CB50R), but given my current health situation, it’s doubtful. I hope to be able to ride my F800GT with confidence and control some time again soon, and I’ve decided to keep my R1200RT as an aspirational stretch goal, but there’s no way I could muster the energy to ride it now.
 
You’ll not be kicked out LongRanger. Indeed, you’ll continue to be very welcome. As you know, we like people who like bikes.

I’m looking forward to your next CB1100.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You’ll not be kicked out LongRanger. Indeed, you’ll continue to be very welcome. As you know, we like people who like bikes.

I’m looking forward to your next CB1100.
:beerchug:
 
Today I took delivery of the DLX, got it titled and registered and in the process rode it about 80 miles. Thank you LongRanger!
 
Congrats...... and both parties are happy = :beerchug::clap:

P.S. Couple of happy pics would not hurt.
 
rickcb_imp said:
Today I took delivery of the DLX, got it titled and registered and in the process rode it about 80 miles. Thank you LongRanger!
Beautiful day for it. Congrats
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Congrats...... and both parties are happy = :beerchug::clap:

P.S. Couple of happy pics would not hurt.
I haven't found a way to get a JPEG to be small enough, or I'd be happy to post a pic. :-/
 
Back
Top