DLX is back from service

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It spent a few weeks at the dealer, but my DLX is finally back home.

- New rear brake rotor
- New rear brake pads
- Brake and clutch fluid flush
- New rear tire
- New headlight bulb

The rear brake was warped, possibly by me but more likely by the prior owner. The rear wheel was stiff to turn and made a grinding noise. I thought it was the bearings, but that’s why I don’t wrench on my bikes beyond simple stuff like oil changes. I would have spent twice the money chasing and replacing good parts without really knowing why. Yes, I could have easily replaced the headlight bulb myself but since they already had the bike, it was just another line item on the work order.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
It spent a few weeks at the dealer, but my DLX is finally back home.

- New rear brake rotor
- New rear brake pads
- Brake and clutch fluid flush
- New rear tire
- New headlight bulb

The rear brake was warped, possibly by me but more likely by the prior owner. The rear wheel was stiff to turn and made a grinding noise. I thought it was the bearings, but that’s why I don’t wrench on my bikes beyond simple stuff like oil changes. I would have spent twice the money chasing and replacing good parts without really knowing why. Yes, I could have easily replaced the headlight bulb myself but since they already had the bike, it was just another line item on the work order.
Hi may i know how much do they charge for the rear brake rotor?
 
Yes PB, Partsfish prices are in USD. The price crossed out is the list price. Obviously Honda has a Japanese princess deliver you the part on a silk pillow. Or they ought to.

Other on-line part houses may charge a little less.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yes PB, Partsfish prices are in USD. The price crossed out is the list price. Obviously Honda has a Japanese princess deliver you the part on a silk pillow. Or they ought to.

Other on-line part houses may charge a little less.
Well, if I ever need one, I'll look at the U$ number, not Canadian equivalent, tricking my brain "I got discount" :D
 
wait..I thought you sold it and just had a garage full of Bemmers now?
 
Geez I even responded to it a year ago :blush:
 
Good to know you’re all wide awake today. :D

I guess some members can be excused for being a bit distracted at the moment.
 
I think I'll be applying my rear brake a little more gingerly from now on...
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I don’t recall what I paid for parts and labor. Rickcb owns the bike now and should have the invoice.
LongRanger, I checked your invoice and found...

$309 for the disk
$50 for pads
$190 for labor (diagnosis and repair)
 
As VLJ said elsewhere today, “I like this forum. There are a lot of good people here.”
 
Back
Top