DLX for sale

jackhammer50_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
COngrats Jackhammer and welcome to the forum. DLX's are hard to come by, you did well.
Thanks! I've been looking for a DLX for a long time. The best part was that it was within driving distance at only 180 miles from home.
Thanks! I've been looking for a DLX for a long time. The best part was that it was within driving distance at only 180 miles from home.
Congratulations and welcome...:thumbsup:
 
Congratulations and welcome. I don't think I've seen someone enter the forum in quite that way before. Almost seems like the bike was introduced before the rider was!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Pretty bike. I'd be interested to know if he finds a buyer at that price!
Yeah he found one.

The bike is like new.

He was willing to deal though and the price was reduced.

I probably still paid too much but you don't find a like new DLX every day and especially within an easy drive from home.

I considered waiting for the new EX's to come out. But around here the dealers don't really deal on new models for a while. So by the time you pay full retail, plus the stealer fees, the price goes up even more than the 30% difference mentioned.

Plus I'm not sure I like the new two-tone paint job on the motor. (I do however really like the spokes.) I have a fully restored '72 CB500K0 and it has the stock silver motor which matches the motor of the DLX. They are sitting next to each other in the garage now and they look great together.

One of my friends bought a left-over black 2014 the same day that I bought this DLX. He got it for $7499. But by the time the dealer added in their stealer fee and destination charge he paid a lot more for it than I did for this DLX.

I'm happy.
DAC_imp said:
Congratulations and welcome. I don't think I've seen someone enter the forum in quite that way before. Almost seems like the bike was introduced before the rider was!
DAC, you're right! The bike was mentioned here before I even knew it was for sale or that there was a CB1100 forum.

But....we both ended up here and that's good!
 
Glad you were able to get the bike at a reduced price. My comment was in response to the asking price, which seemed high compared to the DLX's I've come across, especially locally.
 
Elevenminusoneblade_imp said:
There appears to be a deluxe on eBay right now. $10,500 in Massachusetts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Honda-...bc0e:g:GygAAOSw32lYojYv&item=132095785998
:thanks:

I'm starting to feel a little bit better now. :banana:
Thats a nice bike but it's more than 1200 miles further away and more than $2000 more than I paid for mine. And mine has fewer miles. That would be at least another $600 for shipping.

Yes, I am definitely feeling better.

I do like the color match gauge cans and headlight dome though. Where can I get those?
 
That DLX is right down the street from me, maybe 10 minutes away. If anyone is interested and needs help looking at it, don't hesitate to ask. More than happy to give it a good look, even test drive if it gets over 45 degrees.
 
jackhammer50_imp said:
Elevenminusoneblade_imp said:
There appears to be a deluxe on eBay right now. $10,500 in Massachusetts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Honda-...bc0e:g:GygAAOSw32lYojYv&item=132095785998
:thanks:

I'm starting to feel a little bit better now. :banana:
Thats a nice bike but it's more than 1200 miles further away and more than $2000 more than I paid for mine. And mine has fewer miles. That would be at least another $600 for shipping.

Yes, I am definitely feeling better.

I do like the color match gauge cans and headlight dome though. Where can I get those?

You can get them from Mr T at Samurider. I have the matching bucket but chrome gauge covers. Got them from Mr T.
 
Will as far as I know he is not a forum member. Never seen that bike before. Nicely appointed. I'm sure if he was a member he would have posted up some pics of it.

Chapomis ( Alan) is a memeber here and lives close to the seller and offered to check it out for anyone interested.
 
I see at least 9 mods that they did to it
 
Back
Top