Disturbing video of road rage (cager vs. mc)

Sorry we don't get to see the whole story. I have a feeling there was some video footage prior that we didn't get to see, since we didn't get to see the red car prior to the bike splitting the truck and the black car. Those two idiots endangered a lot of peoples lives.
 
From watching the How It All Started video...Ahhh, so it started with an illegal filtering that the car driver took offense to. You know a blown horn and an obscene gesture by the car driver would have probably been warranted and sufficient. No need for all this dangerous drama.

Well after watching and reading the news report the car driver claims the biker broke his mirror by punching it and that was the cause of his rage. However watching frame by frame there is no contact until the 2:06 mark when the cyclist clearly DOES punch the guys mirror. Long after the incident started. Still no need for such antics.

I like how the biker said he was " inexperienced and panicked " but that he had posted a video on youtube called "messing with cars" which he later took down. Ooops. Posting videos online of illegal activies is never a good idea. Sometimes gopros and youtube can show the weak minded among us.

I stick by my original assessment. Both are idiots and deserved to be arrested. Can't believe you can run 130 mph in Fla, on the wrong side of the road, with oncoming traffic and only get charged with a misdemeanor reckless charge. Holy cow. In Ohio I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a license for a year or more.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry we don't get to see the whole story. I have a feeling there was some video footage prior that we didn't get to see, since we didn't get to see the red car prior to the bike splitting the truck and the black car. Those two idiots endangered a lot of peoples lives.
Couldn't agree more... I cannot stand reckless motorcyclists...
 
That should have started and ended right when it happened. I ride in SoCal and encounter dumb cagers every day, but never retaliate. Sometimes, it takes ALL my willpower not to, but videos like this remind me. I'm glad they both got arrested.
 
The filtering thing when not in California does get people mad, but the cager WAY overreacted and used his car as a weapon. The Biker slapped his mirror (which he shouldn't have done) and from the looks of it didn't cause any damage to it.
They both deserve what they get, but to be honest the biker was at first just trying to get away from him because of how aggressive he was with the car.
This just goes to show that the lowest common denominator is roaming the streets and we need to be vigilant in watching out for them.
 
Sorry, I have zero sympathy for that biker and am sincerely disappointed he didn't splatter himself in oncoming traffic. What a dipwad. His stupid antics make each of us look bad by association. I've never witnessed such poor judgement. Reckless driving isn't even the start of it.

Gosh, if those were the only roads I had to ride (flat, straight and featureless), I wouldn't even bother owning a bike.
 
And the good news, no one pulled out a gun.
None of this is good for anyone that rides a motorcycle.
Your average minivan driving soccer parent will view this and say, see, those motorcycle riders (that includes you and me) are crazy and out of control!
YouTube video rarely shows motorcycle riders in a positive light, unfortunately.
 
Quote:"Mr. Rosa totally loses it when Mr. Gonzalez gives him an initial hand gesture and goes into some sort of rage," Ofc. John Buchanan of the Homestead Police Department said.

Gonzalez told detectives he was in fear for his life, but they aren't buying that story.

"He was totally free to pull over anytime," Buchanan said.
I'm sorry, but if some dude is chasing me in his car like that, I'm not stopping so he can beat me senseless with whatever weapon he decides to pull out of the car. The guy obviously had something come unglued and you have no clue what someone like that is capable of.
 
The crazy thing is that if these two guys bumped shoulders walking along the sidewalk I have little doubt one would have said "sorry dude" and the other "nah, man, my bad" and they would have kept right on walking their separate ways.
 
Gotta agree with you there, Randy. If someone is trying to kill me with a 4000 lb. deadly weapon, the last thing I'm going to do is pull over to see what he does next.
 
TINK_imp said:
And the good news, no one pulled out a gun.
None of this is good for anyone that rides a motorcycle.
Your average minivan driving soccer parent will view this and say, see, those motorcycle riders (that includes you and me) are crazy and out of control!
YouTube video rarely shows motorcycle riders in a positive light, unfortunately.
What you see is known in the CCW training as the Monkey Dance. No situational awareness and refusing to retreat. This situation should have been diffused immediately. Had either of these two been carrying and trained in CCW I highly doubt there would have been in incident.
 
CIP57_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
And the good news, no one pulled out a gun.
None of this is good for anyone that rides a motorcycle.
Your average minivan driving soccer parent will view this and say, see, those motorcycle riders (that includes you and me) are crazy and out of control!
YouTube video rarely shows motorcycle riders in a positive light, unfortunately.
What you see is known in the CCW training as the Monkey Dance. No situational awareness and refusing to retreat. This situation should have been diffused immediately. Had either of these two been carrying and trained in CCW I highly doubt there would have been in incident.
What you see is known in the CCW training as the Monkey Dance. No situational awareness and refusing to retreat. This situation should have been diffused immediately. Had either of these two been carrying and trained in CCW I highly doubt there would have been in incident.
Well said.
Kevin
 
wow- there are so many things to be said about that...the foolishness of the escalation and the "monkey dance"... they are both lucky that all they got was arrested. How they both escaped injury or death is incredible (especially the motorcyclist), but what is truly amazing is how an innocent bystander wasn't injured or killed. Driving on the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic...WTH?
In NS we have a law called stunting-if its proven that you've driven recklessly (50 km/hr over the speed limit, etc.) your vehicle is impounded and an automatic $2500 fine- double in a school zone.
these guys dodged a bullet... road rage is so utterly senseless
 
Seldom do the truly stupid agree to stage an extravaganza not only for the rest of the world to watch but also to hasten their transit to a correctional facility.

I feel honoured to be have been given the opportunity to see this extraordinary example.

Thank you ecka00 and Nine876 (who discovered the prequel).
Edit: thanks for the correction, Ferret.
 
Back
Top