Hey Tev, thanks for subscribing! Maybe someday, I'll upgrade from a GoPro 8, maybe buy a second camera, and maybe, who knows, actually pay for some decent editing software. I just bought a new computer to replace my ancient one, so my video capabilities are endless. Unfortunately, my ambition is not.
It was a lovely day. We ran the same basic route as last year and it got a bit foggy along the coast, and it was foggy and misty when I pre-ran the route a few days before the DGR. We were blessed with blue skies on the big day this year. I even left my sportcoat in the trunk and rode in a vest and short sleeves. Funny how, on a daily basis, when I ride alone I'm in full ATGATT, but when I'm in a herd of strangers, I'm content to wear a dress shirt and slacks. Just one day, and the only casualty that was recorded on the ride was a girl on a Rebel who tipped over parking when we all got back to the venue.
Speaking of which, was quite swanky. The Finish Line Auto Club, which I show early in the video, is a place where you can spend an exhorbitant amount of money for a marble-floored private loft where you can store your Bugattis and whatnot. On the early part of the ride, where we're turning right onto the first main boulevard, we are passing the vacant building that until September was our local Enfield/Guzzi/Triumph/MV/Vespa dealership. Still sad to see it go.
As I had anticipated, among a few hundred riders, I had the only CB1100, and she got quite a bit of attention. Made friends with the BMW sidecar rider I rode in with. Nice guy!