Digital Instruments?

common raven_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Greetings! Does anybody know of a digital speedometer/tachometer setup that can replace the stock units? Preferably in the same round bodies? I'd love to not have to squint to see my speed while traveling at high speeds.
 
When I get a new-to-me bike, I put a little piece of blue tape at the marker for 50 mph, 75 mph, and 100 mph. Makes it easy to judge speed even when I can't see the number.
 
Thread starter
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
When I get a new-to-me bike, I put a little piece of blue tape at the marker for 50 mph, 75 mph, and 100 mph. Makes it easy to judge speed even when I can't see the number.
Good call! Thanks for the tip! I made note of speed with needle at 12 o'clock for easier reference. Think I'll stick with analog for now.
 
common raven_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
When I get a new-to-me bike, I put a little piece of blue tape at the marker for 50 mph, 75 mph, and 100 mph. Makes it easy to judge speed even when I can't see the number.
Good call! Thanks for the tip! I made note of speed with needle at 12 o'clock for easier reference. Think I'll stick with analog for now.
Good call! Thanks for the tip! I made note of speed with needle at 12 o'clock for easier reference. Think I'll stick with analog for now.
I prefer analog over digital any day. Maybe I am old fashioned or just old, but check out my analog clock and thermometer! I put one on the 2017 and the other on the 2013. Not enough room for both on one bike to look right, but they sure do match our chrome!

ce2925e4e52b87536f1023edc03b6343.jpg


53f95b458c577723e487916322604651.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
These look good = :thumbsup:
Got them off ebay, again, search- 7/8" 1" Handlebar Dial Clock Thermometer for Harley Motorcycle Crusier
They look good and the chrome is top notch. Not sure how long the battery will last for the clock.
 
Sort of a sad note... I had used an analog clock from Clocks4Bikes.com for years. Whenever the battery died, I'd send it back, and they would replace it and send it back with a very nice handwritten note. Since the CB and the Bonneville have built-in clocks, I am giving mine to a friend, just checked their website, and it looks like they are out of business. Very nice people.

Funny thing, I worked for a digital dash company for four years. But, never really adapted to them. Still love a round gauge and needle.
 
I had one of the clocks on a Honda Shadow I owned. It was a great little clock. I keep thinking I should buy the thermometer for the CB1100, but I never get around to it.
 
Back
Top