Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

m in sc_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
my old f model. I do miss this one.

But, I sold it and my 1st rd to cover the last semester of college. so i don't regret that.

this is the bike that made me hate k models for the most part. I absolutely would own another, but would have to be a spoke model w rear disc of this year.

6978e6df32bec75d349f29be61ac2c2d.jpg


i had a few ks before and after this, 73, 74, etc. then not long ago i had a 78

I probably should have kept this one, it ran really well. I absolutely despised the 17" rear wheel, but I traded it for a 68 ford falcon that was pretty cool, so away it went.

bbabc51f7ba22efddfe5a19839ffbf30.jpg
Sumthin' 'bout the rear drum brake that sometimes takes me back. I used to despise the looks of 'em, but today they have grown nostalgic on me.
I actually LIKE a rear drum, to me has more feedback than a disc to me. But i despise comstars, hence my comment. man that f went like stink too.
I actually LIKE a rear drum, to me has more feedback than a disc to me. But i despise comstars, hence my comment. man that f went like stink too.
Yeah, Comstars aren't the prettiest. Some other forums remark they are "classic". I haven't adjusted to the looks of them. I try not to look at them.
 
I owned a 1971 CB-750F back in the day, late 70’s. I traded even a much newer DT-250 enduro for it. I fished the CB-750 out of the snowbank & got it home.

I rode the bike all over, eventually gave it to a relative when I went in the military. That was the last I saw of it. I’ve owned a handful of different bikes over the years after.
 
I've had two early '90's Nighthawk 750s. The first one got totaled when an old lady ran into me. I liked that one a lot, it had the 4-2 exhaust that I modded and it sounded bitchin'!! I bought another one that had 4-1 exhaust, someone had put a Yoshimura can on it. It was WAY too loud. I rewrapped it four times and finally got it more or less under control but still too loud. I sold it.
 
I briefly owned a '72 CB750. It was a literal barn find, stuck in a corner, covered in dust. Paint, seat and bars weren't OEM, but the engine, tranny, and main things were sound. Complete carb & tank cleaning, along with new points, and it was up and running. Sold it last summer. Also had 2 DOHC 750's. First was big-bored and ran a 900f cam. Last one I converted to 1100cc, via a CB1000 bottom end (converted to chain drive), then bored out to use 1100f pistons. I can certainly see, feel and appreciate the linage leading up to the current CB1100...
 
mpeffer_imp said:
I briefly owned a '72 CB750. It was a literal barn find, stuck in a corner, covered in dust. Paint, seat and bars weren't OEM, but the engine, tranny, and main things were sound. Complete carb & tank cleaning, along with new points, and it was up and running. Sold it last summer. Also had 2 DOHC 750's. First was big-bored and ran a 900f cam. Last one I converted to 1100cc, via a CB1000 bottom end (converted to chain drive), then bored out to use 1100f pistons. I can certainly see, feel and appreciate the linage leading up to the current CB1100...
Oooooo. Any early raw images of the barn find?
 
ohiorider_imp said:
How many CB1100 riders owned CB750s back in the day?
I didn't.

My ride back in 1965 - 1967 was a twin. a BSA Spitfire Scrambler.
My question is ..... much as I like how the CB1100 is able to get down the road, am I permanently addictedly to the way twins make power?

I find it hard to fall in love with the way 4 cylinder UJMs make power.
Bought one for $800 back in the late 90's. It was a Black '77 CBK, and I kept and refurbished it (to a degree) during the 12 years I had it. Ended up having too many electrical issues, and I was always purchasing something to keep it safe on the road. The CB 1100's appearance along with extra power and fuel injection sold me, and I had to sell it.
 
Back
Top