Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

Nice sleeper.

Never owned a 90s Nighthawk, but had a couple 80s Nighthawks with the wonderous shaft drive, including the 750S model.

I miss those bulletproof CBs.
 
Hey,

Although I never owned the 750, I certainly did drool over them when I saw one in the show room. I always loved the styling and handling of the honda's from that era. My nephew purchased a previously enjoyed 750 nighthawk from the 90's. I had the pleasure of test riding it a few years ago. I one up'ed him with the CB1100EX!

Bruce
 
brucekeats_imp said:
Hey,

Although I never owned the 750, I certainly did drool over them when I saw one in the show room. I always loved the styling and handling of the honda's from that era. My nephew purchased a previously enjoyed 750 nighthawk from the 90's. I had the pleasure of test riding it a few years ago. I one up'ed him with the CB1100EX!

Bruce
CB1100EX. I’m still in awe of it. The bike draws plenty attention when I stop. People love it. I’ve only put a couple hundred miles on it and finally getting accustomed to it.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
How many CB1100 riders owned CB750s back in the day?
I didn't.

My ride back in 1965 - 1967 was a twin. a BSA Spitfire Scrambler.
My question is ..... much as I like how the CB1100 is able to get down the road, am I permanently addictedly to the way twins make power?

I find it hard to fall in love with the way 4 cylinder UJMs make power.
I like twins too I loved my XS650 special years ago and my XSR700 recently gave satisfying power/torque in most gears but was too light. I enjoy the CB1100 as it is more planted due to it's weight, It's a fine looking bike also but I do wish it had a little more grunt.

Never had a CB750 as I didn't really start biking till 81 and then it was 250cc's, had 3 GS 550's and a Z750 four but none were as iconic as the CB750. The bike I always wanted back in the eighties though was a GS750, never got one.
 
I didn't own a CB750 in the past but I came across this along with its owner today. The chap must of been in his seventies and was telling me he was the second owner and had honeymooned all over Europe on it for a month. He sold it when the kids came along and needed a car. To cut a long story short he ended up being owner five after getting it back many many years later.

 
The closest I ever got to a CB750…’74 CB 450. First street bike after growing riding mini-bikes and Suzuki dirt bikes. Sold it when I was a sophomore in college.
c8c3409e2494628a7d11bb64737f8725.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Almost. In 1973 I went to my local Honda dealer all set to get a CB750, a good friend had just purchased one and I loved the look and sound of it. The sales manager asked me to test ride a BMW R75 before making a final decision (they sold BMW also) and the BMW won out with it's superior ride and engine that felt relaxed and under stressed. The Honda was beautiful and faster but the BMW felt so solid and turned out to be the most reliable bike I ever owned. Either choice was a good one but one was a bit better for me.
 
In 1979 I traded in a CB350 on a 1979 10th anniversary CB750K. Really enjoyed that bike until 1984. Traded the 750 in on a 1984 V65 Sabre. Really Really enjoyed the Sabre. After that came a 15 year break from riding. It's great to be back.
 
Allen K_imp said:
In 1979 I traded in a CB350 on a 1979 10th anniversary CB750K. Really enjoyed that bike until 1984. Traded the 750 in on a 1984 V65 Sabre. Really Really enjoyed the Sabre. After that came a 15 year break from riding. It's great to be back.
Any pictures to share of that juicy V65 Sabre?
 
Here was mine GO and my 81 GS 1100E which I gave to my son to make way for the Sabre.

2800482178d6272c8bb15a9e745b2649.jpg


Sabre didn't last very long for me though. Although powerful and shaft drive it was tall and top heavy. One day I dropped it turning around in a parking lot with Mrs Ferret on back, so I sold it.
 
Sorry GO. No pictures. And thank you to Mickey for coming through with a picture. Brings back great memories. That was even my color combination.
 
I had a 71 cb500 Four and a 92 cb sevenfifty.
So not exactly the original one but I guess I have a rough idea about the 750 four!
The cb 1100 EX i’ve now is awesome though!
 
The CB750 changed everything for the motorcycle industry. Who could have imagined a bike with all those features back in 1969 that was mass produced at an affordable price? I do ride my K4 (1974 CB 750). You really can't compare it to our newer CB's. The leap of technology has made bikes more efficient at what they do. But, the feeling I get when riding each bike is a rush of contentment and appreciation about the design. Nothing sounds like a well tuned in line four on the road. The same can be said about twin motors too. I kept my first Honda, a '67 305 Scrambler and I still ride it today. It's not the speed these days for me, but the very essence of a motor doing its thing moving me down the road that I find amazing to this day. Here's the story on my 305
Please note: I am not promoting myself or this channel, just sharing my story. Thanks
 
Back
Top