Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

87b403d54a5f214b9e48ff89d813de21.jpg


I came up short by about 300 cc. The closest I got was a ‘74 CB450. My first 750 wasn’t until about 2003...a 1998 Shadow Ace.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here it is....
554931e3f425ead50609c0d1ac68deaf.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Razor_imp said:
Thanks for sharing! Can’t tell from the photo; is that your daughter?
My son and daughter are both on there he's behind me, and she's behind him lol
 
Started riding in '69 at the age of 25 and had a series of -- in no particular order -- 175's, 350's, 450's, both CB and CL models, all bought used. Finally bought a used (1969?) CB750K0 in the early '70s, followed by four or five more (various K numbers) in the next few years. Found if I bought a used one around Christmas time I could generally find someone looking for Xmas cash, so prices were low. Then sold it the following September (near the end of riding season in NY) to people looking for cheap transportation for school, so I generally got back near what I paid. Usually had a different 750 each season...

Continued like this 'til the end of the '70s, when I bought my first *new!* 750. Had my choice in '79 for the *old* motor, or the *new* twin overhead cam. Chose the latter (CB750F?), probably should have chosen the former...

After selling that one, I went through a series of Kawasakis and even a Harley until I bought the CB1100 about three years ago. Now even that one's gone -- traded for a Harley Sport Glide. But the CB750's will always hold a special place in my heart...

Frank
 
My 750 story. I was in the Navy and living in the barracks in 1975 (and 45 years later I work across the street from it. Life is strange). A room mate and co-worker had a 750 decked out with a Vetter fairing, saddlebags, all that stuff. One Summer day (we worked nights) he took me on a ride all over Norfolk and Virginia beach. It was awesome! I had to learn to ride. He said well hop on and give it a try. I declined.

Shortly thereafter another guy in our shop taught me how to operate and ride a motorcycle. He was a great teacher. I learned to ride at a Navy picnic (we didn't partake in the beer) at Fleet Rec Park in Norfolk on his Triumph 750. Got my MC license, did the Navy course and bought a Yamaha XS650. Good times!

As a note, the Navy motorcycle courses are a lot more involved now having basic and advanced courses. Much better than in the 70s.
 
Thread starter
Can you provide a subjective analysis of the 2014 Deluxe saddle vs the standard one?

Also, are your spoked wheels from another model CB1100 or aftermarket? Bike looks really nice!
 
ohiorider_imp said:
Can you provide a subjective analysis of the 2014 Deluxe saddle vs the standard one?

Also, are your spoked wheels from another model CB1100 or aftermarket? Bike looks really nice!
The seat just looks better and I had the wheels built to my specs using mostly OEM Honda parts.
 
Owned several CB750's in the past. First one was a 197x? (wish I could remember, but it had kick start). Pulled the motor on that one and rebuilt it in my driveway. Took it all the way to the coast and wore the tires off. Traded it off, got something else, but wound up with more of them.

Think it was a '72? Now, there is a 1982 CB750 Custom sitting in my garage. Rebuilt the carb bank, replaced hydraulic lines and solved the electrical issues, but other then that, the bike is near perfect, garage queen with 5k on the clock. Should replace the tires (original by the looks) but will let the next owner absorb that cost. This model is too short for me and I'm not a big guy either. Pull back bars allow for easy reach, but the peg height make me feel cramped.

But it's not a CB1100 and never, ever will be - which is far better machine in every aspect. Engine, ignition, fuel injection, brakes, fit, finish, performance. I like fins, swimming or rolling, and I've made the CB1100 "mine" with nice upgrades, seat, full set of aluminum panniers and trunk, windshield, exhaust, etc., great bike imo.
 
Flytym - I'm intrigued as to the reason why you rebuilt the wheels and also why you chose to do it differently to standard?
 
Before I bought my 1100 one of the options I wanna as looking for was an extremely low mile 1982 CB750C/CB900C. Either blue or burgundy. I’m going to be starting a thread in the other bikes section on the resurrection of my 81 CB750K project.
 
Back
Top