emptysea
Road warrior
Thread starter
I know that this is news to me...or the Alzheimer's is kicking in.
https://powersports.honda.com/2019CB300R.aspx
https://powersports.honda.com/2019CB300R.aspx
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hard to argue with all the cold, hard data, and the reviews, yet...the Honda looks better. If I can't immediately say about the overall look of a bike, wow! then I just can't see myself ever buying one.The ferret_imp said:unfortunately for Honda, this is the competition
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2018/04/2018-kawasaki-ninja-400-abs-md-ride-review/
It was mentioned once on the CB1000R thread but was never talked about in any detail so you very well may have missed it.EmptySea_imp said:I know that this is news to me...or the Alzheimer's is kicking in.
https://powersports.honda.com/2019CB300R.aspx


I don't think they are. Kawasaki pretty much dominated the low end market with the little Ninjas for decades, while Honda kept churning out the never changing, anemic Nighthawk and Rebel 250s.The ferret_imp said:There was a time (70s and 80s) when faced with competition like the new 400 Ninja, that the following year you could expect an even better model from Honda. Im not sure Honda is playing that game anymore. Next years release we will know. If it's another 300 with a new paint job, instead of a Ninja 400 beater, to me that would tell me Honda has given up.
Wouldnt be the only thing they've given up on. (Mid-sized naked to compete with MT-09/790 Duke/Street Triple/Z900/etc.)The ferret_imp said:There was a time (70s and 80s) when faced with competition like the new 400 Ninja, that the following year you could expect an even better model from Honda. Im not sure Honda is playing that game anymore. Next years release we will know. If it's another 300 with a new paint job, instead of a Ninja 400 beater, to me that would tell me Honda has given up.

What did I have for breakfast again?What other wheel color besides black were you expecting on a budget-conscious sportbike?LongRanger_imp said:Checked out the Ninja 400 at the Kawasaki dealer this afternoon. Cute little bike, and I mean little. It's about the same size as my ex-CBR250R, but apparently several pounds lighter. Nicely styled but a bit plasticky. The black rims were enough to make me keep walking.