Did the forum die?

Vossero_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Maybe its because its summer...

Maybe its because many of our users are old (I mean old :P) guys that rode bikes before the first CBs even existed...how are your hearts and cholesterol?

Maybe its the economy and parts and gas are expensive...

In any case...I have gone from checking the forum multiple times a day, to once every few days...Remember how active things were before and as the deludes were being released? Ferret got his DLX and ran out of stuff to post about lol...so whats up guys? I miss you all lol
 
There has to be a natural slowing doesn't there as the farkles roll out and much of what is going to be said gets said? Seems to me there's still a fair bit going on here. Somedays there's still a bit much to manage.
 
Vossero_imp said:
Maybe its because its summer...

Maybe its because many of our users are old (I mean old :P) guys that rode bikes before the first CBs even existed...how are your hearts and cholesterol?

Maybe its the economy and parts and gas are expensive...

In any case...I have gone from checking the forum multiple times a day, to once every few days...Remember how active things were before and as the deludes were being released? Ferret got his DLX and ran out of stuff to post about lol...so whats up guys? I miss you all lol

Seriously? Ran out of stuff to post about? I have 5200 posts. :rofl:

It's summer and guys are out riding but we are still the greatest show on the net when it comes to the CB 1100. It's only natural that some of the excitement of a new model wears off after a year and we have found that due to the CB's good riding qualities and dependability their isn't much for people to complain about or find new subjects about the CB 1100 that haven't been previously discussed.

Our membership is now up to about 1400 members, from about a dozen countries I think, and there have been close to 50,000 posts in over 3000 threads, so if you aren't checking in frequently I'm thinking you have a lot of catching up to do on your reading.

We missed you too ;) don't be a stranger!
 
Ferret do you guys get a log of how many times a user logs in? Just curious because mine would be....lets say...a bit unrealistic. :P
 
Not how many times, but amount of time spent online.

Randy B

Time Spent Online: 1 Week, 1 Day, 1 Hour, 32 Minutes, 10 Seconds
 
Well seeing as I have all of this time sitting here at home just twiddling my proverbial thumbs.......grrrr.
 
When do you get back on 2 wheels?
 
Well my take is 1) it ridding season in USA, 2) it vacation time in USA, and 3) bound to slow down as early riders have done a lot of farkling and others just read and copy. Now in few years as various mechanical and electrical problems start to appear, I expect a lot of posting in the tech section!

My next project is P3 LED lights on my 2014 Dlx, but it is too hot to do much here in Texas.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Maybe the" CB1100 forum " name comes across as a bit exclusive. Only so much to communicate about one model of a motorcycle that's been around, not too long. I have seen the other non CB1100 posts however, but you get what I mean. I own a Harley and Triumph, along with the CB. The other brand forums are not named as a single model forum. Just a thought.
 
Guth_imp said:
I believe the signal-to-noise ratio has changed a bit here recently.

I sense a "Hunt For Red October" reference.
The ferret_imp said:
When do you get back on 2 wheels?
That is a damn good question. At this point I have no idea as to when the bike is going to be repaired. As for me, right now, I'm in no shape to ride as I still have significant issues with one of my ribs. I aggravated it with a really hard sneezing fit a couple weeks ago and its still hurting when I change position in the recliner or in bed. On top of that my left shoulder is still quite sore and VERY weak at this point. I'm quite sure I'm looking at some physical therapy for that. The best news I have is that it looks like the puncture wound to my left ankle should be fully healed by possibly Monday.
I submitted the ambulance bill to my insurance company today ($1,689.82) and they should cover that. That is for a 4 mile trip to the hospital. Gotta love it.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I believe the signal-to-noise ratio has changed a bit here recently.

I sense a "Hunt For Red October" reference.
The ferret_imp said:
When do you get back on 2 wheels?
That is a damn good question. At this point I have no idea as to when the bike is going to be repaired. As for me, right now, I'm in no shape to ride as I still have significant issues with one of my ribs. I aggravated it with a really hard sneezing fit a couple weeks ago and its still hurting when I change position in the recliner or in bed. On top of that my left shoulder is still quite sore and VERY weak at this point. I'm quite sure I'm looking at some physical therapy for that. The best news I have is that it looks like the puncture wound to my left ankle should be fully healed by possibly Monday.
I submitted the ambulance bill to my insurance company today ($1,689.82) and they should cover that. That is for a 4 mile trip to the hospital. Gotta love it.
take care of yourself - get well soon. riding is fun but have plenty of unknown factors. I lay down my bike on the left side at 0 MPH because I forget to put down my side stand. merde does happen. Few weeks back I see a car almost hit a motorcycle from behind close to stop light, the biker never knows he almost kisses the asphalt.
 
As has already been said, I think it's a natural progression over time as most subjects have been talked about and debated; mods made and any mechanical problems worked out.
Those of us who experience a winter layup have much to do in the summer; family vacations; home repairs; mowing lawns; tending gardens, etc., - and even getting in some riding :D
There is usually plenty of things to do to keep us busy.
I'm retired so have lots of time on my hands, but right now I'm painting my garage which takes a lot of time.
 
$1700 for a 4 mile ride.... That's just robbery. Around here if there is an accident they also roll fire engines and then charge the insurance companies for a fire run. What a racket.

Sorry your injuries are not healing quickly Randy. it must be tough to be cooped up when you are not used to it.

I think I figured your ankle puncture was caused by the curb feeler under the foot peg. Once the footpeg folds up, it is just a solid, unforgiving 3/8" bolt ready to impale.
 
The ferret_imp said:
$1700 for a 4 mile ride.... That's just robbery. Around here if there is an accident they also roll fire engines and then charge the insurance companies for a fire run. What a racket.

Sorry your injuries are not healing quickly Randy. it must be tough to be cooped up when you are not used to it.

I think I figured your ankle puncture was caused by the curb feeler under the foot peg. Once the footpeg folds up, it is just a solid, unforgiving 3/8" bolt ready to impale.
At least one person on the Honda marketing team probably was awakened in their sleep at the moment when this sentence was posted to the forum.
 
Guth_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
$1700 for a 4 mile ride.... That's just robbery. Around here if there is an accident they also roll fire engines and then charge the insurance companies for a fire run. What a racket.

Sorry your injuries are not healing quickly Randy. it must be tough to be cooped up when you are not used to it.

I think I figured your ankle puncture was caused by the curb feeler under the foot peg. Once the footpeg folds up, it is just a solid, unforgiving 3/8" bolt ready to impale.
At least one person on the Honda marketing team probably was awakened in their sleep at the moment when this sentence was posted to the forum.
At least one person on the Honda marketing team probably was awakened in their sleep at the moment when this sentence was posted to the forum.
That settles it - I'm taking the curb feelers off my bike before my next ride......
 
It wasn't that. The hole was much close to the size of the end of the foot peg itself.
 
The ferret_imp said:
$1700 for a 4 mile ride.... That's just robbery. Around here if there is an accident they also roll fire engines and then charge the insurance companies for a fire run. What a racket.

Sorry your injuries are not healing quickly Randy. it must be tough to be cooped up when you are not used to it.

I think I figured your ankle puncture was caused by the curb feeler under the foot peg. Once the footpeg folds up, it is just a solid, unforgiving 3/8" bolt ready to impale.
Insurance is important for many of us as a protection against stuff that's possible but unwanted. But it is also a racket exacerbated by people's complicity. Somehow taking out an insurance policy leads many to believe they've completely laid off the risk and that someone else will pay to make it good. So they don't care how much claims cost and don't think about the effect on their premiums.

Then the parasites get in on the act, as in Ferret's example. The insurance companies are at fault here. They should constantly refuse to meet the fire engines' claims unless they can demonstrate a real risk of fire. We should all put pressure on our insurers not to pay these parasites because ultimately we meet the cost through endlessly increasing premiums.
 
Back
Top