Did I do OK?

Griso Guy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I purchased a 2014 CB1100 DLX with 5100 miles this week from a dealer. I actually put a hefty deposit on the bike with the intention of paying off the balance and picking it up this Friday The bike looks new and other that the miles on the clock you really can't tell it's been ridden. I asked the sales guy about the history but all he could tell me was that it came from another dealership in the Valley. The bike was inspected and the oil was changed when it arrived at the dealership. I normally avoid dealerships as a rule but I was having a hard time finding any used 2014 DLX's and I was smitten.I recently sold my BMW K1200 GT and the sale money was burning an enormous hole in my pocket. Consequently I broke one of my primary tenants and took the plunge. I ended up paying $9,567 out the door cash. Thoughts?
 
First off Congrats. Wonderful motorcycle. Are you happy with the deal? That's really all that matters, but it sounds to me as if you did very well.

Enjoy the CB
 
Thread starter
Yes I am pretty happy right now. It's just that for the past 10 years I have purchased all of my bikes from an independent dealership owned by a good friend. I bought mostly bought Ducati's, Guzzi' s and Triumph's from him. I haven't purchased from a high volume dealer since I bought my 02 VFR. About a year ago friend my reluctantly decided to sell his dealership to Ride Now Power Sports, this is where I purchased my new CB11. I just need to get it home.....
 
Congrats on finding a great bike. I also think you did very well.
Regardless, the satisfaction you will get from riding it will soon outweigh any thoughts about cost.
 
I think you did good, but "out the door" doesn't mean much to people in other states due to varying tax rates and any prep or doc fees the dealer may have charged you.

I wouldn't worry that you bought from a Honda dealer and not an independent or private sale.
The inspection by the dealer and the oil change is a plus.

Be happy and ride safely!
 
Congratulations, Griso Guy.
 
You must have bought the one that RideNow in Chandler was advertising. They were asking $9K, so if you got out the door at around $9.6K after tax and license, you did very well. I bought mine new and I think my tax and license total was over $1K.

Welcome to the club!
 
Sounds like the group opinion is that you did just fine.

Here's another way to look at it: You could spend months — perhaps many months, searching for a better deal and maybe you'd find one. But life is short and those months could have been spent actually riding a CB1100 instead of just looking at them. Which is worth a lot when all is said and done.
 
Guth_imp said:
Sounds like the group opinion is that you did just fine.

Here's another way to look at it: You could spend months — perhaps many months, searching for a better deal and maybe you'd find one. But life is short and those months could have been spent actually riding a CB1100 instead of just looking at them. Which is worth a lot when all is said and done.
Very nicely put, Guth.
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for the input. I am picking the bike up this morning so I am pretty jazzed. I will post pictures when I get home.
 
Back
Top