Destination unknown...?

Cormanus_imp said:
Where are you off to this year, wisedrum?

Not quite sure yet. The only decision I've made is to be off on upcoming Monday and start on the Autobahn from Kiel to...?

One idea is to travel through Germany riding through the Alps to Slowenia, Krotia and so reach Greece, countries I've never been and seen before. I'm not a fan of too much tourism and heat, but like to explore the unknown.

Another idea is to return to Norway, left it out the last years, but it's so well known to me and can end in an endless raintour...

Maybe I throw a cent and then I know where to go.

Wisedrum
 
I read a bit about the unknown, prepare the W, already did an oilchange, adjusted the chain, gather together my equipment and bring me slowly into the mood for leaving my comfort zone once again for a longer period of time.
Good likely I'm riding south. There are also lovely areas in my country on my way to the Alps. The river Mosel is one of them I like to see before I pass the Alps.

But before I leave there are some jobs as a musician and some tour preparation to be done.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Day 28: The End

(As mentioned before, day 27 did not get me much closer to home).

I was up early, packed and ready to roll by 7:30. Conditions were perfect: sunny, few clouds, not too hot, very moderate wind... I didn't bother keeping the log, but by mid-day I was in Saskatchewan, early afternoon I passed Regina, and by mid-afternoon I was in the third Province on this fine Thursday.

Rape-seed in bloom, somewhere in Saskatchewan:


Beauty and the beasts:

The price of the diesel is low, driver's wages are high. Their speed on TransCanada seems to be about 120 km/h. My fuel consumption goes up significantly above that same speed. It's not so much the cost, but with the 14 liter tank it becomes really annoying having to stop for fuel so often. So it takes some strategy if one wants to avoid being passed by them...

At the point where I can say goodbye to TransCanada:


At the end of the day, home, I look at my day-trip odometer: 1150+ kilometers. Very close to 13 hours, which includes many (too many :) fuel stops and one break for espresso, a cookie and water.

No more. Done. Back with no incidents, no speeding tickets, no gear malfunctions of any kind, no remorses. It turned up a perfect motorcycle trip of 28 riding days and close to 15000 kilometers.

Thanks all for the interest and encouragement. Time to deal with all that stuff in this alternate universe, one that did not stop unfolding while I was on the road...
 
Back
Top