Deluxe with comet 2 fairing

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got this comet 2 fairing today from Samurider painted to match with strip he also sells the comet 1 for the deluxe it's a little more rounded. He shipped it on the 18th got it today just 4 days shipping time. Took about 30 min to install. He included a black trim to go around the hole where the headlight fits to keep the headlight from glowing back on ya. I saw in another thread where someone fixed their faring from the glow back
876506094d25edf2f704b27e204f3bd0.jpg

3f0689687bc340b6ef0d2f923d9288ac.jpg

7451eb870056b399d23b9733388e4580.jpg

543d06f616449c2217bb0b507f7ec5a5.jpg

214a775bc8210e551a028694d88317a4.jpg

10a712f08baba7c60289798ea18d4ce1.jpg

cff9027d56be35b5c33bf3aadd9a7907.jpg
 
Looks terrible.

Gaudy

Pedestrian

Deriviative

Cheap.....


ARG! I want one TOO!!!!! Stop posting nice farkles!:P
 
That looks pretty decent. Something to think about for sure. I would like to have something for longer rides (several days) to protect me from the wind. This looks like a good set up.
 
Thread starter
I want the chrome chain guard but he was out of them when my comet shipped but should have them soon. I'm going to order the taller touring windshield but I like the clear over the smoked But that's just me. I don't like tint on car windows. The fit is good and easy to install :)
 
Thread starter
Color match is good. I have not rode it yet. It got here late today. Did you get clear or smoked? 13 or 14?
 
Well I'm more than happy with my '13 with the black engine, but that bike looks good!! I may have to swap the Puig + for a Comet. Gonna have to wait though. That bike he has in the background has already cost me some bucks and I haven't even seen it yet...

AVS, I hope you post some pics here so we can see both the Comet 1 and the 2 more or less together.
 
Looks awesome Ridem. :thumbsup:

De- restricted and now accessorized for cutting thru the wind. There will be no catching you now.
 
Sharp looking bike, Micheal do me a favor and measure from the ignition to the top of the faring and give me a number. Anyone with a comet on a 13 if you could do the same it would be appreciated.

The site is free to join but beware after that!!!
Thanks
 
Cip,

I think Guth and Mr. T set up this site as an evil plan to separate our money from our wallets! Its working...:)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cip,

I think Guth and Mr. T set up this site as an evil plan to separate our money from our wallets! Its working...:)
I heard Guth will be retiring in the next few months and going to live in Tahiti with Mr. T.
 
Ridem - I think you are the first to add a Chic Design fairing to a 2014 DLX. The picture of the fairing on the back of the pickup truck really shows the difference between the Road Comet I and Road Comet II. Damn you! As much as I like the RC I, the RC II simply kicks a$$ and takes names.

Your 3rd picture taken from the front quarter really shows off the beautiful waterfall of pipes. I prefer that simple, timely arrangement over any other. Also loving the gaitters and the badges.

Sent you a PM with some info.......want to trade??? :)
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Cip: 10 inches
PW: I'm riding with comet fairing today for first time. Will let you know how it does. :)
TY // That seems to be the sweet spot for no buffeting. I'm at 10 1/4 with mine.
 
Thread starter
Yes the same way I did But my shield might slope back more than a bolt on type so not sure about the wind as of yet still not rode it but I'm fixen to ride it :)
 
Thread starter
Took a quick ride got up to 90mph no wind on chest or neck at all. Wind seems to hit helmet at a glance about 3/4 from the top of my head. I'm almost. 5ft8 no head buffering at all. I think if it was one inch taller with a small lip it would take my head out of all the wind!
d9aaf3bb30e88e06a1b6834f7b8477c0.jpg

2bc12a54b7a233a044d04edab32f9b0a.jpg

1cf83655d1c5eafef4ed19d42cd2d2da.jpg
 
Back
Top