ryanschillinger_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Nice. I have an 18” slip on but debating getting the header.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
"m in sc", do you have a pic (or can you take one) of the straight bracket you made and how it was installed? I have a Delkevic full system in the garage waiting to be installed.m in sc_imp said:*update*
after a few weeks, and the system 'settled' in, the pipe from the collector to the mid pipe had shifted 'back' a bit more than i liked, was barely hanging on at the front gasket. this is the pipe with the hanger bracket. so, i made a 1" straight bracket to mount to the frame hanger to the midpipe, pushing the whole thing forward a bit into the collector. it was literally a 3/4" wide, 1.5" long 3/16" thick piece of steel with two 5/16" diameter holes drilled 1" apart from each other. i bolted it with a short M8 bolt and nut to the exhaust pipe bracket,, tightened it, and them mounted it back on the bike. I slid the whole system forward by loosening the clamp on the muffler and sliding it up in there. took maybe 30 mins. Maybe my bracket on the pipe was welded in the wrong place? not sure but easy to sort. (ptobably had more to do with headpipes shifting/bowing forward after a few heat cycles?)
Ah very nice, I actually had an issue after the ECU flash where my bike did not want to just cruise at highway speeds. The bike wouldn't run smooth at 60 or 70 mph. I would have to accelerate to 75 or 80.m in sc_imp said:yes. no birds nest in there. it made a notable difference in acceleration. the whole system i got was under 400 bucks, stainless. very very happy with it. finally, 3 years later, going to send the ecu off to get reflashed next week i hope.

Thanks Peter!peterbaron_imp said:Exhaust pipe joint nut (M8/thread diameter, 8 pcs) - 22 Nm, 16 ft lb
I have those picks. So you agree those need to come out then.Houtman_imp said:Easy to get the old gaskets out with "dentists " pick , set of them are cheap but very handy , they have different types in the set.
Cormanus_imp said:Jambo, apropos your comment on the Dynojet maps, this thread may be of interest. It may simply be that Dynojet have not had access to sufficient bikes with sufficient mods to develop the maps.
Disclaimer: I have no idea, really, whether this is the case. It may also be that whenever one of their agents develops a map it goes into a central pool, but there has always seemed a scarcity of CB1100 maps.
Very cool thank you! I'll try to jump back on with some pics when I get around to ordering it.frank_imp said:Houtman, that is a great idea! Thanks again for your help!
MVK24 the stop isn't part of the muffler but the short pipe leading to it. It is the pipe between the muffler and O2 sensor pipe. Their systems are nice and come with everything you need. The only problem is they don't really have instructions, it's not that difficult to install after you figure out what they meant by their 1-4 numbering system. I found the order on a pic from this forum. It helps a lot since holding 4 header pipes by yourself is not easy. Once that's figured out, it's pretty straight forward.
The drill/screw would work, or you could do what I did when mine did the same thing.frank_imp said:Houtman, that is a great idea! Thanks again for your help!
MVK24 the stop isn't part of the muffler but the short pipe leading to it. It is the pipe between the muffler and O2 sensor pipe. Their systems are nice and come with everything you need. The only problem is they don't really have instructions, it's not that difficult to install after you figure out what they meant by their 1-4 numbering system. I found the order on a pic from this forum. It helps a lot since holding 4 header pipes by yourself is not easy. Once that's figured out, it's pretty straight forward.
LikeAFox had this same issue. I'm not sure what he did to fix it. Perhaps he'll chime in.frank_imp said:I got the full Delkevic system with a 14" and love the sound but am having problems with the centerstand pipe rotating and causing the chain to rub on the centerstand. Anyone else figure out how to keep this pipe from rotating? I've tightened the bolt super tight and it's probably ready to strip out and still it spins. Thanks!