Delkevic exhaust, experience?

Bheezy27403_imp said:
Pipe arrived today with sealant...question answered.
Good news, and a belated "Yes", I did use it. Be sure to post some pic's and/or any videoclip and your feedback. Install was pretty quick and painless. Also take note and leave clearance with the center stand and chain. Then, periodically check for any movement.

This was previously identified in the following thread:
Delkevic exhaust and your center stand
 
I will try to get some pics up. Computers are not my forte. Writing this post is about all I got!

Went on easy. Took my time (about 2 glasses of wine). To be honest I'm not sure I would have noticed the centerstand fouling the chain unless it was brought up here. Thank you!

Great quality. I'm tickled at the price too.

Been a loooong time since I've had an I4 with an open pipe. I forgot how they sounded. It's definitely louder (sans baffle) but nothing like the Bonneville. I have a little burbling on the decel but I kinda like it, reminds me of my old 74 Camaro with glass packs.

I would recommend this outfit to any looking for a little more character from their CB.
 
Yeah, no pics. Why can't you just copy and paste? Too easy? Computer gods like the struggle? I used to have photobucket but we all know that story.
 
dsinned_imp said:
I installed mine week before last just before the Fourth of July. I installed the Delkevic's 9" Oval on my CB1100. The installation was a snap and fitment absolutely perfect, including the link pipe with the center stand stop. For the money ($180), the materials, mirror finish and sound quality are outstanding! Surprisingly, its really not loud but rather has a deeper tone that kind of sounds like a subtle growl (baffle still installed). Almost no noticeable popping on decel and/or throttle response hesitation. Stock ECU map seems to like it. Just what I was looking for in an aftermarket exhaust.

Here's a photo of it on my all black (std) bike.
Where did you purchase your muffler?

Thanks
 
Not to zombify this thread, but have any of the Intrepid people who installed one of the Delkevics ever done so without the cat? im kicking around the idea of the 8" or the 14" , and worried that once I get cat-free headers later on the 8" is going to be way too loud.
 
Wow, that price is a shock. Almost worth giving it a try and if you don't like it you're not out much.

I think you should do it. Yup, I've decided, you should. :D

Be sure to post install write up with pics and sound clips!
 
I pm'd x(why)z the other day who has one and he said he hadn't put but a couple hundred miles on his since he put it on but was happy with it. I will be getting one too this winter.

Could you post pics and write up of installation?
 
I put the Delkevic 14" stainless on mine about 2 months after I bought the bike back in March, 2018. Now have about 5500 miles on it and it still looks like new, so it's holding up well. I don't use the baffle and it's not too loud at all. It has a nice, mellow rumble. Just has a "healthy" tone when I fire it up according to my non-motorcycling wife, not offensive at all.

I'm planning to get the full system in the near future, mostly for weight reduction. The full system costs about the same as just getting the front header section, so I'll choose a different end can so I can swap them out at will. I realize it'll likely gain some loudness, but I'll risk it.
 
always nice to see another delky going onto a CB :) i can support what you're saying about a no-cat no-baffle delkevic being pretty "sloppy obnoxious." my 8" round has neither, and it's certainly noticable.
 
Back
Top