Pete in PA
Running like a top
Thread starter
Some of you may have followed my buying a used 2014 CB1100.
From a rural dealership in PA. looks like most of their work is service of quads, dirtbikes, etc.
I bought it, rode it home 240+ miles, and then started my maint. checks.
Rear H&B box cracked at bottom where it mounts to plate. Lucky it didn't go bye bye on my ride home.
Brake/ clutch fluid dark as coffee, possibly origional.
Mouse nest in air filter. Amazing it ran at all.
Haven't lifted tank yet.
So what is the responsibility of a dealer selling a bike?
I know, sold as is, although that was never brought up or in paper work.
I guess I should have looked it over more, but should I have to disassemble the bike?
When I sell a bike it would have none of these problems, and I'm not a dealer.
From a rural dealership in PA. looks like most of their work is service of quads, dirtbikes, etc.
I bought it, rode it home 240+ miles, and then started my maint. checks.
Rear H&B box cracked at bottom where it mounts to plate. Lucky it didn't go bye bye on my ride home.
Brake/ clutch fluid dark as coffee, possibly origional.
Mouse nest in air filter. Amazing it ran at all.
Haven't lifted tank yet.

So what is the responsibility of a dealer selling a bike?
I know, sold as is, although that was never brought up or in paper work.
I guess I should have looked it over more, but should I have to disassemble the bike?
When I sell a bike it would have none of these problems, and I'm not a dealer.
Last edited:
