Daytona Cafe Seat

Papa Weeley_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I really liked the looks of this seat when I first got the bike, but figured it was too low for my longish legs. When I recently saw another CB owner wanted to sell his, I jumped at the chance.
Unfortunately, I was right about the height problem, but it just looks bitchin' anyway, and the foam is actually really comfortable. I figure I'll use it on shorter canyon runs, etc. where my legs won't get too cramped up, and run the mega-comfy Tiro for everything else.


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-1-18%20088_zpshza8g6r9.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-1-18%20086_zpsdiibmwu5.jpg.html]
 
I have this seat also. I find it super comfortable. I was suprised how wide it was and yes it is a little lower than stock but i can ride all day with it. Its very nice quality. I have a 34" inseam at 5'11" and find it perfect for me.
 
I also wanted one but Takashi convinced me it was too low. So I went with the K&H solo which is nearly an inch taller. The Daytona is sweet looking!
 
Yes. But how comfortable is it?
 
I'll let you know in a few days hopefully. Luckily Papa weeley and I worked out a trade with some seats. Can't wait to get this on my CB1100. So excited.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. But how comfortable is it?
The seat is actually extremely comfortable, foam-wise. It was just too low for my longish legs, so not so comfortable for me, position-wise, if that makes sense.
I decided to work out a deal with JF Coastal on it, so someone else who wanted one and was better suited to it size-wise could get some use out of it.
Can't wait to see it on your black bike, JF!
 
I had a similar problem with my low seat. I solved it by installing adjustable foot pegs and lowered them to give my legs more room. I have Ohlins fully adjustable shocks installed and I also increased the rear ride height of the shocks a little. That made up some of the difference in ground clearance with the lower foot pegs. I used to scrape the stock foot peg feelers all the time but I don't anymore with the improved clearance.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes. But how comfortable is it?
The seat is actually extremely comfortable, foam-wise. It was just too low for my longish legs, so not so comfortable for me, position-wise, if that makes sense.
I decided to work out a deal with JF Coastal on it, so someone else who wanted one and was better suited to it size-wise could get some use out of it.
Can't wait to see it on your black bike, JF!
The seat is actually extremely comfortable, foam-wise. It was just too low for my longish legs, so not so comfortable for me, position-wise, if that makes sense.
I decided to work out a deal with JF Coastal on it, so someone else who wanted one and was better suited to it size-wise could get some use out of it.
Can't wait to see it on your black bike, JF!
Are those engine guards suitable as highway pegs?


Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
CBryder, those are Moriwaki sliders. I have a set on my CB and they are not suitable for highway pegs.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
CBryder, those are Moriwaki sliders. I have a set on my CB and they are not suitable for highway pegs.
I thought that I had noticed them on your photos before. They blend in well. I'm just looking to stretch my legs momentarily once in a while...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
CB, that's actually Papa Weeley's bike you have been seeing, but strangely it looks pretty much like mine :D
 
I have crash bars and highway pegs. Something tells me it wouldn't work well with the look of the bike.
 
Thread starter
CBryder_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
CBryder, those are Moriwaki sliders. I have a set on my CB and they are not suitable for highway pegs.
I thought that I had noticed them on your photos before. They blend in well. I'm just looking to stretch my legs momentarily once in a while...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I thought that I had noticed them on your photos before. They blend in well. I'm just looking to stretch my legs momentarily once in a while...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Depending on how big your feet/boots are, it can work for that "momentarily" kind of thing. Occasionally, I'll put my feet up there, heels on the slider, back of my foot resting on the engine cases when I need to stretch out a bit. I'm not really comfortable in that position, so I don't do it for long, but it does allow you to move your legs around while riding, and still have your feet supported on something. There's not a whole lot of room like a real highway peg, so I'm guessing that if the road you were on wasn't very smooth, you might have a hard time keeping your feet in place on that short perch, but otherwise it works pretty well.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
CB, that's actually Papa Weeley's bike you have been seeing, but strangely it looks pretty much like mine :D
You mean because like they're both red, and 2013 models?! :D
 
[/QUOTE]

You mean because like they're both red, and 2013 models?! :D
[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: :banana:
 
Back
Top