Once back on the asphalt, I started heading east towards the mountains.
Since I was running 5 hours ahead of schedule, I took the advise to head up through Walden, CO. As I approached the first storm was rolling in. I was pumping gas when the skies opened up the first time.
I decided to sit down for a cup of coffee and wait it out at first. After the first one passed, I headed out trying to hit the pass in between two storms. Unfortunately, that plan failed and I think those two storms just merged into one.
Once the rain stopped and skies cleared on the east side of the pass, I stopped for a quick change into dry clothes and got back on the road.
I was not able to find the waterproof lining for my lining pants though.
The river was flooded due to the storms.
As I was talking these pics it started to rain again so I got moving again.