Dart Flyscreen on a 2014

holy666diver_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I am interested in buying a dart flyscreen for my 2014 standard. I saw some posts about it not fitting on a 2014 but the dart web site now has one specifically for the 2014. Has anyone on here installed one and have any pics?
 
Next time we get together, Todd, I'd like to ride your bike with the Dart Screen on it...if that would be ok with you. Speaking of which...we need to get together to ride soon.
 
Hey Matt - absolutely! I took it off for the time being as the wind noise was more than I liked. It's easy to put back on so if I ever break free from the diapers and runny noses for a ride, you're welcome to take it for a spin :)
 
I really like mine (on my '13). It's nothing like a full fairing, but it really smoothed the air out in the "cockpit" area, and is very quiet.
Of course, as it seems with all screens and fairings, "Your Mileage May Vary". ;)
 
There really isn't any adjustment you can make to the screen when it's installed, so I am guessing the size of the rider is the biggest factor(I'm 5'9"). When installed, the wind hit me square across the shoulders and seemed to accentuate the buffeting you normally get when following another vehicle. If I rode with perfect posture and stood on the pegs slightly, the noise was better, but making myself a bigger target for the wind seemed to defeat the purpose of the screen, not to mention getting tiring. Wondering how much of it was helmet design, too. For kicks I went out lid-less and noticed no real increase in sound or buffeting; I normally wear a shoei full face.
 
Thread starter
So is it worth it? Seem much cheaper than buying the cowl. I just want something to take a little pressure off me on the freeway
 
I think the Puig for $45 off of amazon works good enough for me. I'm 6'4 and wear a 3/4 helmet, at freeway speeds it keeps the large part of the wind off of me. Easy installation, looeen the headlight bolts, slide the brackets on, place the foam pucks where the screen touches the instruments and you're good to go.
 
Hard for me to say if its worth it - I really liked the fit and finish of it, and it did move the air off the majority of my torso. My hearing is pretty well shot in the upper frequencies and I wear ear plugs religiously while riding - the wind noise is almost painful otherwise. I found that the dart put the wind directly under my helmet and amplified the wind noise at most speeds. If noise isn't a factor for you, I'll sell you mine at a discount. If hugged the tank, fine. If I stood on the pegs, fine. Just didn't work with my size/shape/helmet/noise tolerance.
 
Thread starter
Is yours for a 2014?

Todd_K_imp said:
Hard for me to say if its worth it - I really liked the fit and finish of it, and it did move the air off the majority of my torso. My hearing is pretty well shot in the upper frequencies and I wear ear plugs religiously while riding - the wind noise is almost painful otherwise. I found that the dart put the wind directly under my helmet and amplified the wind noise at most speeds. If noise isn't a factor for you, I'll sell you mine at a discount. If hugged the tank, fine. If I stood on the pegs, fine. Just didn't work with my size/shape/helmet/noise tolerance.
 
Back
Top