Dart Fly Screen

Paulb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I fitted this Dart Fly screen and it does a tremendous job of keeping all the wind blast off my body without causing turbulence on the helmet.

 
It looks great on that white bike! I've only seen one in the US and they are much better looking
than pics show.
 
I have a Marlin Dart and I do really like it. It does take the blast off the chest and the turbulence on the helmet is minimal. I really like your bike and the luggage looks like it will do the trick for a longer ride. Btw how do you like the hand guards?
 
Thread starter
The hand guards are great at keeping wind blast at bay and they help to limit the impact of rain and they are a good match for the screen. The hand guards are from Samurider (you probably already knew that) and I also bought their chrome chain guard. What a great company to deal with.
 
Plus he has the Fenda Extenda mounted. I think they call it the Extenda Fenda in the UK.
 
Thread starter
Just a tip for fitting the Fenda Extenda to keep it looking clean. I ditch the screws and use Araldite. Clean the fender and score the Extenda and clamp in place over night.
 
I think that's how we all did it. Adhesive, not those stupid plastic rivits that came with it.

Interesting to hear you scored the Extenda. I wiped the mating surface of mine with acetone to deglaze it then scored it up good. Might have sanded the fender some too, but it was 3 years ago and I can't remember.
 
Paulb_imp said:
Just a tip for fitting the Fenda Extenda to keep it looking clean. I ditch the screws and use Araldite. Clean the fender and score the Extenda and clamp in place over night.
Good advice. I have the Extenda fitted too without screws for a cleaner and neater look.
I removed the fender, made sure everything was clean, roughed the Extenda with sandpaper and used J-B Weld clamped overnight.
I did the same thing with my CB900F ten years ago and it has never moved.
 
Back
Top