Dart Fly screen input needed

A quick update as I have been exchanging e mails with Steve at Dart regarding the closeness of the brackets to the Chrome Meter Covers. Steve's response has been superb - seriously good old style customer service. I sent him some pix and the next batch of brackets will have a greater clearance. If you fancy one of these screens but have meter covers I would let him know on ordering & wait for the newer bracket to get the extra clearance. The screen does a good job at cutting windblast but it will never make the bike like a Touring Beemer - but that's why I bought it.
 
So i just ordered mine today. Who has the normal tint and who has dark? I ordered the normal one. I figured if i want it darker i will make it so and you can't really make the darker one lighter.
 
ordered mine today. appreciate the input from all you guys. No buffeting is important to me, thanks for that feedback Spaceman.
I need some turbulence around the torso so my evap cooled vest works - that is a big deal here in Tucson where the summer heat is brutal without some form of cooling.
 
I've had my flyscreen for a couple weeks now. I have the flyscreen on my Bonneville so I already knew what to expect and I wasn't disappointed- minimalist styling with just enough wind protection, especially at the chest area. Like others have mentioned, wind will still hit you at the face and hands, so consistent riding beyond 85 is expecting too much; 65-75 is the sweet spot for freeway riding.

My only gripe was replacing the headlight brackets. Installation itself was simple, but the position of the headlight feels compromised, like it might be aiming too low; I have to double check my adjustments when I have time. On the other hand, new brackets themselves actually look pretty nice, matches the bike better than the stock brackets.

I already had the light tint on the Triumph so I went with the dark tint on the CB.

bf2514ac4a371c8c9c8c8212cafacc47.jpg

5b0f01f80148e5d3202be5d8d8ca836b.jpg


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Lol sorry the pics don't do the tint much justice, they were taken during sundown. I'm taking the bike out in an hour or 2 so I'll post another pic when the sun's out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
No it's not that, the pictures are great. I ordered the light tint because i figured the dark tint would be black like barely able to see through. But i see it's not.
 
dlhmatt_imp said:
No it's not that, the pictures are great. I ordered the light tint because i figured the dark tint would be black like barely able to see through. But i see it's not.
Kind of like face shields for full face helmets. Order the light smoke and it's almost like having a clear shield on, hardly any tint at all. Order the dark smoke which you'd think would be like shutting off the lights and it's like what a light smoke should be in the daylight. You can even see at night with the dark smoke shields.
 
Fitted a Dart yesterday, excellent prompt service, 7 days from ordering to riding with it fitted in NZ. Does all I wanted, looks the part in the dark tint with a black tank; yet to go on a long ride but initial impressions are its an excellent addition. :biker:
 
Lol ok I see what you mean. Yeah, it's definitely not limo tint dark, it's just enough to be noticeably darker than the light tint.

I forgot to mention the great service provided by Steve @ Dart. This was my first flyscreen purchased directly from dart's website instead of a third party vendor- I ordered early Friday morning and actually had my hands on it by Monday night. I wouldn't expect all future deliveries to be that prompt, but was impressed nonetheless.

Also, my typical touring distance tolerance with the flyscreen is roughly 50 miles before I need to take a break.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Dart to Road Comet to National Cycle Street:
Love the look of the Dart
Love the look of the Comet
Not so much the look of the NC

Dart redirected air stream away from chest ok up to about 65mph
Comet redirected air stream away from chest up to about 65-70
NC redirects wind stream to about mid helmet and will be tested on
the hiway this weekend. Happy with all three. I think that I will keep the Road Comet as my default windscreen...I like the look
 
Got home from school at 11:30 last night and my screen had arrived that day. Popped it on in 20 minutes and two beers. Just rode it to work and i love it.
 
A440_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
Dang i figured the dark tint would be black. Oh well
On the Dart website there is an option for "flyscreen only." Black and paintable screens are available. http://www.dartflyscreens.com/us/screen.html
On the Dart website there is an option for "flyscreen only." Black and paintable screens are available. http://www.dartflyscreens.com/us/screen.html
Yeah i was thinking the dark tint would be to dark but from the pictures posted and reviews it might not be. It probably would look better to me with the dark tint but after riding this standard tint for a little while i like it. I love the size and shape even at 80mph
 
After a few days of very windy weather this past week, I made some observations about the flyscreen:

Under very windy conditions, I noticed very noticeable wind noise and head stability issues. It wasn't to the point to where I felt unsafe, but it did affect my overall riding experience. Under ideal conditions, the Dart screen has never given me any issues, so this was very interesting for me. Yesterday & today, I've had the flyscreen off, and the overall riding experience is a lot more pleasant- distribution of wind is even with less noise and good stability. Obviously, I have to lean a little at higher speeds, but to me it's a fair trade-off, seeing as I usually in a 3/4 with the flyscreen at high speeds anyways. Also, I feel less drag on the bike, making it feel like it's going faster than what I'm accustomed to.

To be fair, a lot of the wind noise and instability may have to do with my helmet (Arai Defiant), as its particular brand isn't known for quiet helmets. And I only took off the flyscreen on my Triumph Bonneville; I plan on running the same experiment on the CB (I installed the flyscreen immediately after buying the bike so I actually wouldn't know how the bike rides without one lol). Also, it hasn't been windy on my post-flyscreen rides, so I'll obviously have to follow up when that happens. Just wanted to put this out there for anyone who's recently bought a flyscreen or is considering getting one.
 
Back
Top