Dart Fly screen input needed

ron1100_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey folks,

I wanted to find out from those that have the Dart if they're happy with its performance.

Also, if you've had the NC wind deflector DX (the short windscreen), can you provide input on the comparisons?

For reference, I'm 5' 8" with a 30" inseam so mileage may vary with varying heights, etc.

Thanks.
 
Love my Dart on the CB1100 as much as I loved the on my T100. Just takes off the straight line pressure off your abdomen and chest. I did note that on a cool day, with a 3/4 helmet and face shield that in a deep turn, a direct line of cold air runs right to my eye. Will not wear that helmet again.
 
I am happy with both the look and the chest pressure relief of the Dart, and I also have one on a Bonnie. My measurements are very close to yours. I will say, however, that the air stream deflects on to my helmet when I get down over the tank a bit. It is fine when sitting bolt upright. I usually sport a Schuberth C2 modular. I'm a little concerned that moving to lower bars will put my head in the noise and breeze zone with the Dart, but I'll report back in when I do that.
 
I couldn't be happier with mine. The performance is just what I wanted, no torso air pressure, clean air over the helmet, and most important: NO BUFFETING! The fit and finish make it look like an OEM part.

If I were riding in a cold climate it might be too small, but for Florida its perfect.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I couldn't be happier with mine. The performance is just what I wanted, no torso air pressure, clean air over the helmet, and most important: NO BUFFETING! The fit and finish make it look like an OEM part.

If I were riding in a cold climate it might be too small, but for Florida its perfect.
Ditto.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all for the feedback. I'm leaning towards the Dart for a cleaner factory look and function.
 
Thread starter
The Dart, for me, meets my needs. It's decent for short freeway runs but nothing more. Since I don't do much freeway riding with the CB, it serves the purpose.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Thanks for this post. The feedback helped me decide...will be ordering the Dart Screen soon. :)
Ditto, I'm considering ordering one myself.
ron1100_imp said:
The Dart, for me, meets my needs. It's decent for short freeway runs but nothing more. Since I don't do much freeway riding with the CB, it serves the purpose.
You said it's decent for short freeway runs, would you make a longer trip on it? I'm planning a road trip through New Mexico and AZ at speeds of say, 75-80 max on the highways. Speed limit in Texas and AZ on rural area freeways is 75. I don't know what it is in New Mexico.
 
I have the somewhat larger National Cycle windscreen (no hand protection) and so far, two hours on the freeway at 70 it has been good. No opportunity for a longer ride at higher speeds yet.
 
Thread starter
Sure you can travel at 75 - 80 on a trip with the Dart. As for me, I get fatigued at those speeds in excess of 30 minutes with the Dart. Your case might be different. Depends on your height, weight, endurance to high winds/cross winds/temperatures, etc. Just for reference, I'm 5' 8" and ~ 139#.

I don't do much freeway riding with the CB. For freeway riding/trips/getaways, I've got just the bike (FJR). I love riding the CB for non-highway commutes, back roads, errands, you name it (of course minus road trip).
 
Thanks for the info guys,

As a rule, I don't do much long distance, however I am planning a trip this spring and I need to do a little "outfitting".
 
Parts of Texas are 80 mph and one tollway around Austin is 85 mph. Fastest in USA. New Mexico will be 75mph maximum. And people exceed the limit.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I have the dart on my bike. It certainly helped with the drag-chute effect, especially over 65mph. Here is SoCal you've got to go 70+ on the highway and the dart does help but there's still a lot of wind-pressure. I'm 6 feet tall.
 
I fitted a Dart Screen today and, having tried it, find it does a nice job of keeping enough air blast off my chest to make 70-80mph comfortable for most trips. Screens are very personal and noise & wind blast affect everyone differently. FWW I am 6'1 and the only effect of the screen is to cut blast on my chest; the airflow around my head feels unchanged and remains a quiet ride.

The only issue I found is the brackets are close to the Honda chrome covers I have on the clocks and would rub against them if unprotected. I didn't want to spoil the bracket by filing it to create more clearance so I made 2 small rubbing pads to stick on the clocks and they look like solving the problem. Apart from that small issue the screen & brackets are good quality and easy to fit and give a worthwhile improvement to the bike.
 
I have the Dart flyscreen installed, and like it. It takes the pressure off of the chest /stomach areas and directs the airstream over shoulders and helmet. Looks great. I have , however, been lusting over the Chic road comet. I think that I will order one and swap out for the Dart. Will put the Dart in classifieds. Stay tuned.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I have the somewhat larger National Cycle windscreen (no hand protection) and so far, two hours on the freeway at 70 it has been good. No opportunity for a longer ride at higher speeds yet.
Have you had a chance to go for a longer ride or higher speed? If so, how did the NC windscreen work out?
 
The Dart is fine for a quick blast on the weekend and better than the Givi 240 which came with the bike. The helmet is now less buffeted at speed.

However on a long trip I suspect that the cosmetic beauty of the Dart will soon be of little consequence when the grasshoppers and rain appear in large quantities on the visor.

Thank God its not too cold in winter here in Sydney or the Dart would not be a practical choice.

Still it looks great and suits the CB's retro style. Thats what this bike is really all about.
 
Back
Top