dang forest rats

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
from this evenings ride.. almost didn't even get out of the neighborhood

 
Can you eat those things or are they, unlike motorcyclists, protected? Look young and tender, grass fed. Never eaten venison but I can see a spit roast, with crisp baked sweet potato, maybe steamed green beans and a nice light red, slightly chilled for summer. Yummy!

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Can you eat those things or are they, unlike motorcyclists, protected? Look young and tender, grass fed. Never eaten venison but I can see a spit roast, with crisp baked sweet potato, maybe steamed green beans and a nice light red, slightly chilled for summer. Yummy!

Cheers
They are indeed tasty. Have a freezer full.
Ptero, I like a loin roast, wrapped in smoked bacon and served very rare. Finest meat on earth. Your sides and beverage choice would be perfect.
 
Thread starter
Redbirds is right, and we always have a venison roast for Christmas
 
You seriously need to get those handlebar mounted missiles and machine guns.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Cry me a River Ferrett...we just had 20 inches of snow out here at my house...

Uggggg please keep it there. Was 61 here today of course it's going to be 25 in a couple mornings.
 
Venison sausage is really good, but the back strap is the cut of meat to have. Axis deer, native to India and surrounding areas, is amazing. Only had that once or twice thanks to a friend who does exotic game. I'm not a hunter, so I don't regularly consume venison. Here in Texas, and probably many other states, it is illegal to harvest road kill. I figure if they are gonna damage your stuff, that critter owes it's meat to tou, haha.
 
So Mr. Ferret, are you running a video camera now or did you really whip that instamatic up and fire that quickly?? Or perhaps they stopped to pose :worship:
 
At least they were out front where you can see them.
I've had them run square at me and miss by a hair. Same with a moose a couple of years ago while I was on the Cabot Trail. That one missed me by an arms length - and man oh man are they ever big that close up :D
 
quietguy_imp said:
Are you ever so right, Rocky...

A friend and I got t-boned by a moose in New Hampshire in 2001. We were doing 75 mph and that monster hit just in back of the cab - tore the truck bed 1/2 off.
I had a close encounter with a massive bull moose in New Hampshire a few years ago. I was in my car and it was only by sheer luck that it didn't jump in front of me.
Incidents like that really get your heart rate up :D
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
So Mr. Ferret, are you running a video camera now or did you really whip that instamatic up and fire that quickly?? Or perhaps they stopped to pose :worship:
Saw they were going to cross in front of me, quickly caculated I would miss them, whipped the camera up hit the shutter button... that's why it's blurry lol
 
You have a calculator hanging around your neck too???
 
Back
Top