LongRanger_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

I don't think that you could polish it out anyway as it likely has a clear coat over the polished/anodized aluminum. You'd have to take it down to bare metal and then it might darken later anyway.LongRanger_imp said:Thanks everyone. I've not bothered trying to polish it out, and the one on the other side is fine. Just looking to the forum collective to see if it's unique to my bike.
I don't think that you could polish it out anyway as it likely has a clear coat over the polished/anodized aluminum. You'd have to take it down to bare metal and then it might darken later anyway.Gumby 1100_imp said:I don't think that you could polish it out anyway as it likely has a clear coat over the polished/anodized aluminum. You'd have to take it down to bare metal and then it might darken later anyway.LongRanger_imp said:Thanks everyone. I've not bothered trying to polish it out, and the one on the other side is fine. Just looking to the forum collective to see if it's unique to my bike.
I was just wondering if those Reed Valve covers had ever been removed on your bike such as during a valve adjustment/inspection. If the reed valve was not replaced properly or was leaking, it may be possible for hot exaust gasses to travel the wrong way and heat up the cover.