Cruise control

DougsZ28_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The African twin has cruise control. I wonder if it can be adapted to my Cb1100ex?
Anyone have any knowledge about that?
 
DougsZ28_imp said:
The African twin has cruise control. I wonder if it can be adapted to my Cb1100ex?
Anyone have any knowledge about that?
I would say doable by Honda but impossible by the home mechanic. Honda are never going to implement cruise in any later version of this bike.You would be better looking at third party providers.
 
I have cruise control on my 2020 Triumph Speedmaster , I tried it 1 time and to be honest never again. Pretty scary !
 
On a motorcycle, you'd need to have a throttle-by-wire system to do it right and have it be compact enough to integrate/hide the components. Our our bikes it would be mess with the cable actuated throttle.

A reasonable alternative would be something like the old Throttlemeister which just holds the grip in place, but doesn't adjust and maintain speed for inclines.
 
In my experience throttle locks are very convenient, have no complaints. Just gotta remember to release before pulling in the clutch lol rev bomb!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
In my experience throttle locks are very convenient, have no complaints. Just gotta remember to release before pulling in the clutch lol rev bomb!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
A good reason to consider a throttle stabilizer instead.
 
My FJR cruise worked great. I used it quite a bit. In fact miss it and wish it were on the quarter horse.

I've not had good luck with Go Cruises and such. Not tried throttlemeisters etc.
 
The ferret_imp said:
My FJR cruise worked great. I used it quite a bit. In fact miss it and wish it were on the quarter horse.

I've not had good luck with Go Cruises and such. Not tried throttlemeisters etc.
Yeah, "Go Cruises" work for a little while, until they don't and become a hassle.
 
Can't hardly use a cramp buster on the quarter horse either, being a DCT it's always in gear (unless you punch the button for neutral) so without a clutch to disengage the power, just leaning on the cramp buster a little bit could shoot you forward into the back of a car or into an intersection or ..............
 
The ferret_imp said:
Can't hardly use a cramp buster on the quarter horse either, being a DCT it's always in gear (unless you punch the button for neutral) so without a clutch to disengage the power, just leaning on the cramp buster a little bit could shoot you forward into the back of a car or into an intersection or ..............
Correct. At the Africa Twin Forum they called that "Whisky Throttle". There have been some extreme stories.

A Kaoko throttle stabilizer would be more appropriate.
 
I find the cramp buster on my CB more of a hindrance than use TBH. Fine if you were doing a long stretch on a straight road but in the way a bit if you are constantly changing the throttle on a country road.
 
Back
Top