Craving Honda CB1300?

CB_Rider_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Being a little underwhelmed by my CB1100, makes me think I might enjoy the CB1300 more. Any chance of seeing it in the U.S.?


Previous bikes:

Honda 250 enduro.
450 Nighthawk.
750 Nighthawk.
 
I wouldn't think so. Seeing your past rides I can't believe you are under whelmed. I think your next option is a CBR1000R.
 
I think that CB1300 looks pretty badass, but it's more than I need.

The CB400 Super Four out of Japan is really nice, and has the same style but smaller. I think it's been the most popular bike there for a really, really long time. I REALLY wish they'd sell that here... hell, maybe beef it up to 500 while keeping the same design (in Japan, the 500 twins that just came out are 400 because of the licensing scheme).
I would have strongly considered that as an alternative to the 1100.

If I ever move back to Japan, I'll probably get one.
 
This reminds my a lot of:

4911349b616209529c90619327053e4b.jpg


This...1995-1996 CB1000:
 
I've been waiting for the CB1300 for a long time. Back in the 80's I wanted a 82 CB750F so bad it hurt but it just wasn't possible for young kid trying to pay for college, food, lodging etc. Decades later when the cb1300 came out the flames of lust burned again but no 1300's were being imported to the U.S. Eventually gave up and went for a Suzuki 1200 Bandit, a lovely bike. Went to a 2006 CBR1000RR after that then a couple of years ago got a great deal on a new leftover Suzuki Bking. I do love big fours and if honda ever does import the 1300 I'd have one.
 
I don't know...I really can't see this and the CB1300 being in competition so to speak. I think they would be talking to different groups of riders. I personally can't stand the styling of it to tell you the truth.

 
Styling on either one just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure they are wonderful bikes, but I'd rather have what I've got.
 
I wish all bikes had a single-sided swingarm. It just makes maintenance so much easier. I briefly considered the CB1000R, but the front end styling just wasn't for me. What the heck is up with that weird LED spot or whatever it is? Too much like a praying mantis for my liking.
However, the most of the reviews say it's a real hoot to ride (maybe too much actually).
 
Randy B_imp said:
This reminds my a lot of:

4911349b616209529c90619327053e4b.jpg


This...1995-1996 CB1000:
I saw one of those outside Santa Clara Cycle Accessories a couple weeks back.. I wondered if that was just a customer parked there or if they were selling it, or what.. but I refrained from stopping by to ask, just in case I might be compelled to do something stupid if it was the latter :D
 
CB4ME_imp said:
CB1300 - one of many naked sports bikes. CB1100 - in a class of its own.
Of the currently available naked bikes, if not the CB1100, it'd probably be the Yamaha XJR1300 for me. Motor based on the original FJ1100 (that I used to have).. If the CB1100 is a sales success, I wonder if Yamaha would be tempted to bring the XJR to the US ?

(photo is a mid-2000s model that I spotted)

 
Randy B_imp said:
This reminds my a lot of:

4911349b616209529c90619327053e4b.jpg


This...1995-1996 CB1000:
Wow, look at the muffler on that thing. It looks like a scuba tank or a helium cylinder. I know how hard it is to meet modern noise standards but good grief that rediculous muffler wouldn't last 10 minutes on any motorcycle I owned. I thought the stock CB1100 muffler was huge but this one takes the cake. It dominates the whole bike.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
This reminds my a lot of:

4911349b616209529c90619327053e4b.jpg


This...1995-1996 CB1000:
Wow, look at the muffler on that thing. It looks like a scuba tank or a helium cylinder. I know how hard it is to meet modern noise standards but good grief that rediculous muffler wouldn't last 10 minutes on any motorcycle I owned. I thought the stock CB1100 muffler was huge but this one takes the cake. It dominates the whole bike.

Chip
Wow, look at the muffler on that thing. It looks like a scuba tank or a helium cylinder. I know how hard it is to meet modern noise standards but good grief that rediculous muffler wouldn't last 10 minutes on any motorcycle I owned. I thought the stock CB1100 muffler was huge but this one takes the cake. It dominates the whole bike.

Chip
Lol. All of a sudden the Two Bros. can is looking useful.

All these "modern" bikes have that butt-high, downward dog attitude, and I much prefer the long and lean look of the CB11 - reminiscent of the Norton Commando I had in days gone by.
 
The overall bigness of the cb1300 is what attracts me to the thing. I'd be disappointed if it had a tiny exhaust or mini blinkers on it. It's all about that big bike road presence.
 
The 919 might very well be my pick of the bunch (although the engine on the 919 looks like it was meant to be covered by plastics unlike the engine on the CB1300). It's a shame that they went with the undertail exhaust on that bike though. I'm definitely not a fan of those. I've seen pictures of the 919 with the stock exhaust removed and replaced with a low mount exhaust (looks better), but then the back end is left with some bits showing that shouldn't (looks worse).

In my opinion, all of these bikes drive home the point of what a real looker the CB1100 is.
 
Guth_imp said:
The 919 might very well be my pick of the bunch (although the engine on the 919 looks like it was meant to be covered by plastics unlike the engine on the CB1300). It's a shame that they went with the undertail exhaust on that bike though. I'm definitely not a fan of those. I've seen pictures of the 919 with the stock exhaust removed and replaced with a low mount exhaust (looks better), but then the back end is left with some bits showing that shouldn't (looks worse).

In my opinion, all of these bikes drive home the point of what a real looker the CB1100 is.
Indeed. 'Nuf Said.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
This reminds my a lot of:

4911349b616209529c90619327053e4b.jpg


This...1995-1996 CB1000:
Wow, look at the muffler on that thing. It looks like a scuba tank or a helium cylinder. I know how hard it is to meet modern noise standards but good grief that rediculous muffler wouldn't last 10 minutes on any motorcycle I owned. I thought the stock CB1100 muffler was huge but this one takes the cake. It dominates the whole bike.

Chip
Wow, look at the muffler on that thing. It looks like a scuba tank or a helium cylinder. I know how hard it is to meet modern noise standards but good grief that rediculous muffler wouldn't last 10 minutes on any motorcycle I owned. I thought the stock CB1100 muffler was huge but this one takes the cake. It dominates the whole bike.

Chip
Hey Chip, nothing beats a Yamaha Warrior. It's muffler can be used as a trash can it's so large.
 
Back
Top