Crashed and rebuilding with twin pipes

Steverino_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Three months ago a one hundred pound black lab successfully took me and my 300 mile 2013 Standard down. My shoulder was crushed and my arm broken in 3 places. My beautiful 2013 CB1100 received 5300 dollars in damage. Now I've got 13 pieces of titanium between my collar bone and my elbow and am rehabbing and improving a little at a time. My bike has been at Taylor Honda in Woodburn since the day after the crash. They have been rebuilding it as parts arrive. Before the crash I had already obtained all of the deluxe twin pipe parts and since the original 4into1 was destroyed we decided to rebuild the bike with the twin pipes. I think the shop lights played havok with my pics but these are the best of the few that turned out today. I think the twin pipes look real nice.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/HFPfr3]KIMG0924 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127517865@N06/]Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/HFPfRG][url=https://flic.kr/p/HFPfRG]KIMG0921 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127517865@N06/]Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/JyXao7][url=https://flic.kr/p/JyXao7]KIMG0923 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127517865@N06/]Steve Steverinomeister, on Flickr
 
Looks good, must have been one heck of a crash. Glad your getting better. Hope your arm turns out as nice as the bike is.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
How fast were you going?
 
Wow, those headers and dual mufflers look great. Ferret will love the symmetry :)

Hope you get better fast and get back to riding soon!
 
Very sorry to hear about your crash. I had that happen to me years ago with a large dog, but didn't break anything but the bike.
Work hard at physio and it will pay off.
 
Steverino, sorry to hear about your crash and the resultant injury to your body and your bike. I do like the symmetry of the 4 into 2 Nd the chrome waterfall head pipes. I think they look good on the 13 which is a little more sporty than the dlx, so you are getting the best of both worlds. At 5800 I am really surprised they didnt total the bike.

Heal well.
 
Steverino, so sorry to hear about your accident. What a bummer. But the bike looks great—I'm with Ferret on the symmetry of the 4 into 2. Hope your recovery goes well and you are soon aboard again.
 
It's easier to buy parts than to heal up. Do the PT or there will be hel* to pay.

I'll not do the switch, but the four into two is really a better look. Four into four, may or may not be even better. :D

And welcome to the Ti Club!
 
Glad to hear you & the bike are headed in a positive direction. It really looks brand new!
This crash has me curious...care to share any details? I've had dogs chase me before, but the bikes always outrun them quite easily.
Did this black lab intercept you somehow and tackle you off the bike? Or was it just a collision?

Best wishes to a complete recovery.
 
That bike, with the black engine and all really looks good with the chrome headers! It's a shame that you're going through this though... Best of luck in your healing process and post more pictures of the bike when you can. It looks great.
 
Sorry to hear about the crash and your injury. Hope recovery goes well for you. Pipes are looking good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope your getting back to normal.

I made that switch to the DLX exhaust on my 2013, but used Over Racing slip on mufflers from Samurider. I picked up the DLX centerstand which requires some modifications on the stand's return spring mounting point. When you get yours back home and have the strength to climb around on the floor by it, could you please take a photo of how your dealer mounted the new center stand's spring? Thanks!
 
Thread starter
Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I need it. My physical therapist told me yesterday to plan on a year before riding. I don't know what to think of that.
I was going about 30mph. I drive/ride this rural road a couple times a day and apparently this dog had been pacing/stalking me behind a couple hundred feet of security fence. On the day of the attack and crash the property owner had removed his gate for repair. He had put the dog in the house and as I was coming up the road one of his kids let the dog out. I guess the dog had a lot of built up animosity at not being able to get at me in the past because his attack was well planned. This was like no other dog encounter I've had before. It wasnt like he just wanted to run along beside me. Have you ever had a big dog size you up and challenge you? He charged into the road in front of me and took a challenging stance. I hit the brakes hard and swerved to go around him, you know, always have an escape route, but when he saw I might get by he corrected and got in front of me again, like a good defensive lineman. All this time I am still on the brakes and down to about 15 or 20. When he was in striking distance he circled around the front of the bike and leaped at me, not the bike, at me. I caught his hind quarters with the front wheel which jerked it hard left and I went down hard. Shoulder into the pavement.
 
I hope the homeowner is being responsible about this and manning up with insurance
 
I also hope the homeowner will make very sure the dog never has an opportunity to repeat the performance.

I hope the prediction of a year is wrong, Steverino, and that you get well much quicker.
 
Back
Top