Crash Bobbins or bars

Maturecheese_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Is it possible to get bobbins or bars that do not bolt on to the engine. I had this same issue with my XSR700 after I purchased a set, they bolted straight to the engine. I don't see the point on them bolting to the engine as a strong force exerted on them will damage the engine casing perhaps catastrophically. the very thing they are supposed to prevent. I am looking for bobbins or crash bars therefore that only bolt to the frame, can't seem to find any. Reasonably priced as well.
 
please explain, PD, I am worried that the bike is totaled regardless of whether engine(mount) or frame is bent - am I wrong ?
 
You can replace side covers, a cyl head, or even an entire engine fairly easily. There are engines and parts on eBay even.

Bend a frame and you are pretty much done. It’s tied to your title via VIN, and much more work to do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
leif.helge@indrevar.no_imp said:
I bought mine from MGS (UK). Looks quite decent and are fairly priced. https://mgspe.co.uk/product/honda-cb1100-ex-rs-2013-crash-bobbins/
That illustrates my point, a hard knock on those bobbins and the lower crank case is wrecked. Maybe it could be ally welded I don't know but I think although I prefer the look of bobbins I'll go for bars as at least the have more than one anchor point which includes the frame.
 
I don’t have a strong opinion on which type of protection is better, but do prefer the look of the Moriwaki frame sliders I bought off [mention]Olyrider [/mention] and installed on my bike last night. Materials seem to be of high quality, I hope I do t test them anytime soon!
bfcc205063f31848c422692b2d9a6bd3.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
84c5644cb6d3a24cd20d0cefec751fb5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top