Ridem32_imp
Road warrior
It would still be a clearance difference of 2.5 inches if that's what he measured.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
So...the OEM ones have a better design? I hope so...mine are in and I'm picking them up at the dealer today. After reading this thread...wasn't sure I even wanted to install them.Red Mist_imp said:Unfortunately for you and your bike, this is the result of installing non-OEM parts.
The footpeg feeler should be the first thing to touch down, not something bolted to the frame. That's why I won't remove my feelers even though occasionally I touch one down; they're an early warning system. After that comes the centerstand, and what happened to you, perhaps.
That sucks but please be warned, folks; use the Honda OEM engine guards or at least make damned sure whatever you're using isn't going to hinder cornering clearance.
I assume you are going to remove those?
Tortuga_imp said:The only scientific way to test this lean angle conundrum is to go to a supermarket car park when they're closed. Set up your camera on the ground to film the event.
Ride in ever decreasing circles one way and wait for the 'schreeechh'. Cease riding and check video.
Partake of a nerve calming beverage (non alcoholic) and repeat for the other side / direction.
Ride home, post the footage on YouTube, and post us a link here. Simples.