Covid

Mixagon_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, here I am day 5 of having my first covid infection and wondering how bad this will get.
So far it's been like a mild cold but today the feeling of fatigue is starting to get worse and a cough is developing.
According to guidelines only 5 days isolation is now needed so I could be out on the bike tomorrow but no way do I feel like I could ride safely atm.
Maybe things will be easier tomorrow and the fresh air and a short ride would be good, I will see how I feel.
 
Depending on the strain, plan on a week of primary physical recovery, and another week of secondary sporadic respiratory inconvenience. Possibly consider taking some tissues during rides in the second week ... so you can wipe the inside of your helmet shield. Recent strains (over summer 2022) seem to produce mainly clear mucous.

Carry hand sanitizer.

You will improve.
 
Don’t know about the rules in The u.k., but here one can happily be quarantined and isolated riding your bike. All that matters is that you’re fit for traffic ! Get better soon !
 
Good luck! If you’re like many, the more recent strains have a less drastic affect, which might get you back in your helmet soon.

My first case in 2020 kept me down for weeks. I caught it again two months ago, and it was more of an inconvenience than anything else, as I had to stay away from family and coworkers, and make sure I didn’t cough too hard into my face shield.

Hope you recover quick!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Good luck! If you’re like many, the more recent strains have a less drastic affect, which might get you back in your helmet soon.

My first case in 2020 kept me down for weeks. I caught it again two months ago, and it was more of an inconvenience than anything else, as I had to stay away from family and coworkers, and make sure I didn’t cough too hard into my face shield.

Hope you recover quick!
Agreed.

Just an opinion, but based on the state of current policies, I would not be surprised if a majority of Forum members caught something around this coming winter season.

Plan for it. Keep some antigen tests handy to help protect others who might be more vulnerable.
 
I'm pretty sure I caught it back in May, even though the gov't quick test said negative twice.I was pretty sick for a week or so. I self isolated, avoided others but didn't miss a day of riding.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Good luck! If you’re like many, the more recent strains have a less drastic affect, which might get you back in your helmet soon.

My first case in 2020 kept me down for weeks. I caught it again two months ago, and it was more of an inconvenience than anything else, as I had to stay away from family and coworkers, and make sure I didn’t cough too hard into my face shield.

Hope you recover quick!
Thanks all.
Not sure of what strain it is but with air travel and so many people here going on holidays it could be any strain brought back.
As luck goes the day I was booked in for my 4th booster I got a positive result so couldn't go for it.
The forecast is wet here for a few days so not even thinking of going a ride.
 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mixagon.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Good luck! If you’re like many, the more recent strains have a less drastic affect, which might get you back in your helmet soon.

My first case in 2020 kept me down for weeks. I caught it again two months ago, and it was more of an inconvenience than anything else, as I had to stay away from family and coworkers, and make sure I didn’t cough too hard into my face shield.

Hope you recover quick!
Thanks all.
Not sure of what strain it is but with air travel and so many people here going on holidays it could be any strain brought back.
As luck goes the day I was booked in for my 4th booster I got a positive result so couldn't go for it.
The forecast is wet here for a few days so not even thinking of going a ride.
That is exactly what happened to me on the same day of the 4th jab.

No matter now. The 4th booster will currently add no value to your system since it is self-healing with new anti-bodies.
 
Tested positive October 2. Worst sore throat ever, low grade headache, congestion, and fever of 100.1.
The frustrating part was that KiowaEagle invited me to Philadelphia area to go to the Eagles/Jaguar game on Sunday, Oct. 2.
Drove up Saturday (460 miles). Had a great dinner that evening with he and his lady friend Linda.
Symptoms actually started on Friday but it was no more than light congestion. Wrote it off as “change of weather sinus” stuff. By Saturday night, back at the hotel, got feeling progressively worse. Sunday morning was even worse. Had to bail on the game, bus ride to stadium, tailgating etc. and cost him attending the game as well.
1f94380f70a334c863884210d8198a66.png

After driving back home (920 miles in two days
f9fc079182d4b364b36e594befa18194.png
), I went to the local Urgent Care and tested positive. The attending physician said “ I was lucky… missed the first two years of infection”. She said in 2020 and 2021 she was sending patients to the hospital daily and that the current strain had less impact. (Didn’t really feel “lucky”).
After 3 days of steroids, Claritin and cough medicine, felt significantly better. Can’t imagine dealing with the initial Covid strains.
At least, neither KiowaEagle nor Linda were the “benefactors” of my infection. And, glad I didn’t get on a tour bus with 38 others. Easy to see how this can spread so rapidly.
And finally, we did get to spend some time planning the 2023 rally.
Stay safe out there!
 
Hope you’re feeling better, mtneers and have no lingering effects.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Hope you’re feeling better, mtneers and have no lingering effects.
Yea...what Cormanus said.

I have been thinking I have a bit of brain fog from it, but it may just be I'm getting older and slower thinking lol.
 
mtneers_imp said:
Tested positive October 2. Worst sore throat ever, low grade headache, congestion, and fever of 100.1.
The frustrating part was that KiowaEagle invited me to Philadelphia area to go to the Eagles/Jaguar game on Sunday, Oct. 2.
Drove up Saturday (460 miles). Had a great dinner that evening with he and his lady friend Linda.
Symptoms actually started on Friday but it was no more than light congestion. Wrote it off as “change of weather sinus” stuff. By Saturday night, back at the hotel, got feeling progressively worse. Sunday morning was even worse. Had to bail on the game, bus ride to stadium, tailgating etc. and cost him attending the game as well.
1f94380f70a334c863884210d8198a66.png

After driving back home (920 miles in two days
f9fc079182d4b364b36e594befa18194.png
), I went to the local Urgent Care and tested positive. The attending physician said “ I was lucky… missed the first two years of infection”. She said in 2020 and 2021 she was sending patients to the hospital daily and that the current strain had less impact. (Didn’t really feel “lucky”).
After 3 days of steroids, Claritin and cough medicine, felt significantly better. Can’t imagine dealing with the initial Covid strains.
At least, neither KiowaEagle nor Linda were the “benefactors” of my infection. And, glad I didn’t get on a tour bus with 38 others. Easy to see how this can spread so rapidly.
And finally, we did get to spend some time planning the 2023 rally.
Stay safe out there!
That is good news for Mr./Mrs. KE given you were most contagious in their presence.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
Tested positive October 2. Worst sore throat ever, low grade headache, congestion, and fever of 100.1.
The frustrating part was that KiowaEagle invited me to Philadelphia area to go to the Eagles/Jaguar game on Sunday, Oct. 2.
Drove up Saturday (460 miles). Had a great dinner that evening with he and his lady friend Linda.
Symptoms actually started on Friday but it was no more than light congestion. Wrote it off as “change of weather sinus” stuff. By Saturday night, back at the hotel, got feeling progressively worse. Sunday morning was even worse. Had to bail on the game, bus ride to stadium, tailgating etc. and cost him attending the game as well.
1f94380f70a334c863884210d8198a66.png

After driving back home (920 miles in two days
f9fc079182d4b364b36e594befa18194.png
), I went to the local Urgent Care and tested positive. The attending physician said “ I was lucky… missed the first two years of infection”. She said in 2020 and 2021 she was sending patients to the hospital daily and that the current strain had less impact. (Didn’t really feel “lucky”).
After 3 days of steroids, Claritin and cough medicine, felt significantly better. Can’t imagine dealing with the initial Covid strains.
At least, neither KiowaEagle nor Linda were the “benefactors” of my infection. And, glad I didn’t get on a tour bus with 38 others. Easy to see how this can spread so rapidly.
And finally, we did get to spend some time planning the 2023 rally.
Stay safe out there!
That is good news for Mr./Mrs. KE given you were most contagious in their presence.
That is good news for Mr./Mrs. KE given you were most contagious in their presence.
We got lucky. But Linda went and got her first booster shot on monday and had very bad symptoms until this morning. Had me worried because when she received her very first covid innoculation she had strong symptoms that wouldn't go away. Turned out she had coincidentally come down with covid at the same time!
 
WE hope that you feel a lot better now Ron .
I went to Europe twice this year , hardly anyone wore a mask on the airports or planes but I never caught Covid , nor did my wife.
We both had two booster shots and just recently we had the Omnicron booster as well.
 
Houtman_imp said:
WE hope that you feel a lot better now Ron .
I went to Europe twice this year , hardly anyone wore a mask on the airports or planes but I never caught Covid , nor did my wife.
We both had two booster shots and just recently we had the Omnicron booster as well.
^^+1^^, except Omicron booster
 
Houtman_imp said:
WE hope that you feel a lot better now Ron .
I went to Europe twice this year , hardly anyone wore a mask on the airports or planes but I never caught Covid , nor did my wife.
We both had two booster shots and just recently we had the Omnicron booster as well.
Your timing has been good then.

I am meeting many folk who didn't make to the 4th jab before getting ill.

Eventually, the majority of persons will get sick.
 
Back
Top