Covid times, and my CB

misterprofessionality_imp said:
I've found lots of interesting things to do with my time, but then i'm in what I understand to be a strange bracket of the population for whom nothing really changed over the last 18 months. My life remained untouched, I was never exposed to Covid, nobody I work with ever even got it. I read enough and talk to enough people to know how bizarre that is.

That said, I have managed to get in more quality riding this year than I think any year of my life previous. 2020 and 2021 have been banner years for fun miles. I've bonded with the CB in ways it's hard to describe. The climate of society has made that opening, and I think that opening has taught me it's what i'm meant to be doing. In fact, i've gotten to enjoy so much riding this last year that I'm considering going through the advanced rider course work and becoming an MSF instructor for a weekend side hustle. All so I can spend more time on my CB and teach others to find their CB and spend more time on it.
Great idea MP. You have inspired me to look for a basic or new rider course to freshen my skills, which have collected some cob-webs lately. Thanks :biker:
:thanks::thanks::thanks:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
It is a weird world right now. I work in the automotive business, so I've heard detailed explanations about component and supply chain issues causing shortages at dealerships. And, I have friends in the maritime shipping industry who have given me explanations about why there are dozens of ships stacked up outside our harbors and parts are hard to get.

One thing is for sure about these issues... while my motorcycles give me great joy each day, and I love taking my car out on weekends, I'm very afraid of damaging any of them. My Bonneville was laid up for months last year waiting for critical parts from England. I'm sure CB1100 parts are even more difficult to find right now. My wife's CRV is currently running with a few missing pieces that are on long-term backorder.

I'm not going to ride or drive any less than I do, but I am being very careful.
Business must be as brisk as ever for vehicle chopping garages.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
It is a weird world right now. I work in the automotive business, so I've heard detailed explanations about component and supply chain issues causing shortages at dealerships. And, I have friends in the maritime shipping industry who have given me explanations about why there are dozens of ships stacked up outside our harbors and parts are hard to get.

One thing is for sure about these issues... while my motorcycles give me great joy each day, and I love taking my car out on weekends, I'm very afraid of damaging any of them. My Bonneville was laid up for months last year waiting for critical parts from England. I'm sure CB1100 parts are even more difficult to find right now. My wife's CRV is currently running with a few missing pieces that are on long-term backorder.

I'm not going to ride or drive any less than I do, but I am being very careful.
My Goldwing accident was in mid June. All cosmetic damage. I just got the repaired bike back yesterday. We all have good reason to be extra careful.
 
Billie_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Moderators : Politics are allowed now ???
General discussion, why not?
General discussion, why not?
Political, religious discussion and any sort of content that may deter women and families from participating in the forum are not acceptable. No discussion will be entered into by moderators. The reason? The honourable gentleman who pays for this forum has said that's how he wants it. So that's how it will be.

If this doesn't make complete sense, it's because I've deleted the offending posts.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It is a weird world right now. I work in the automotive business, so I've heard detailed explanations about component and supply chain issues causing shortages at dealerships. And, I have friends in the maritime shipping industry who have given me explanations about why there are dozens of ships stacked up outside our harbors and parts are hard to get.

One thing is for sure about these issues... while my motorcycles give me great joy each day, and I love taking my car out on weekends, I'm very afraid of damaging any of them. My Bonneville was laid up for months last year waiting for critical parts from England. I'm sure CB1100 parts are even more difficult to find right now. My wife's CRV is currently running with a few missing pieces that are on long-term backorder.

I'm not going to ride or drive any less than I do, but I am being very careful.
Business must be as brisk as ever for vehicle chopping garages.
I imagine that it has. Just makes sense financially.

Catalytic converter theft has skyrocketed for sure, but that's a component of rare metal recycling prices. I recently got $275 back for recycling the 250k mile converter on my work van when I replaced it with a new one so it would pass inspection.

... and the new converter was promptly stolen.
 
Thank you Cormanus for deleting that offending post , I could have replied to it in a very sharp rebuke but refrained from it for the general good of this Forum.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Billie_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Moderators : Politics are allowed now ???
General discussion, why not?
General discussion, why not?
Political, religious discussion and any sort of content that may deter women and families from participating in the forum are not acceptable. No discussion will be entered into by moderators. The reason? The honourable gentleman who pays for this forum has said that's how he wants it. So that's how it will be.

If this doesn't make complete sense, it's because I've deleted the offending posts.
Thanks. That's what makes this such a great forum!
 
Houtman_imp said:
Thank you Cormanus for deleting that offending post , I could have replied to it in a very sharp rebuke but refrained from it for the general good of this Forum.
oooh, a very sharp rebuke, LMAO.
 
Billie_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Thank you Cormanus for deleting that offending post , I could have replied to it in a very sharp rebuke but refrained from it for the general good of this Forum.
oooh, a very sharp rebuke, LMAO.
oooh, a very sharp rebuke, LMAO. You probably would not understand it anyway .
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It is a weird world right now. I work in the automotive business, so I've heard detailed explanations about component and supply chain issues causing shortages at dealerships. And, I have friends in the maritime shipping industry who have given me explanations about why there are dozens of ships stacked up outside our harbors and parts are hard to get.

One thing is for sure about these issues... while my motorcycles give me great joy each day, and I love taking my car out on weekends, I'm very afraid of damaging any of them. My Bonneville was laid up for months last year waiting for critical parts from England. I'm sure CB1100 parts are even more difficult to find right now. My wife's CRV is currently running with a few missing pieces that are on long-term backorder.

I'm not going to ride or drive any less than I do, but I am being very careful.
Business must be as brisk as ever for vehicle chopping garages.
I imagine that it has. Just makes sense financially.

Catalytic converter theft has skyrocketed for sure, but that's a component of rare metal recycling prices. I recently got $275 back for recycling the 250k mile converter on my work van when I replaced it with a new one so it would pass inspection.

... and the new converter was promptly stolen.
Yikes! :dodgy:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
It is a weird world right now. I work in the automotive business, so I've heard detailed explanations about component and supply chain issues causing shortages at dealerships. And, I have friends in the maritime shipping industry who have given me explanations about why there are dozens of ships stacked up outside our harbors and parts are hard to get.

One thing is for sure about these issues... while my motorcycles give me great joy each day, and I love taking my car out on weekends, I'm very afraid of damaging any of them. My Bonneville was laid up for months last year waiting for critical parts from England. I'm sure CB1100 parts are even more difficult to find right now. My wife's CRV is currently running with a few missing pieces that are on long-term backorder.

I'm not going to ride or drive any less than I do, but I am being very careful.
Business must be as brisk as ever for vehicle chopping garages.
I imagine that it has. Just makes sense financially.

Catalytic converter theft has skyrocketed for sure, but that's a component of rare metal recycling prices. I recently got $275 back for recycling the 250k mile converter on my work van when I replaced it with a new one so it would pass inspection.

... and the new converter was promptly stolen.
I imagine that it has. Just makes sense financially.

Catalytic converter theft has skyrocketed for sure, but that's a component of rare metal recycling prices. I recently got $275 back for recycling the 250k mile converter on my work van when I replaced it with a new one so it would pass inspection.

... and the new converter was promptly stolen. It has been a thing in Europe for a while now, what's intersting is with how much precision and skill they manage to cut them out, professional garages sometimes struggle with getting those off, and these guys just do it quickly and silently in the dead of night, quite fascinating really

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top