Cover for CB1100?

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Does anyone have a cover they can recommend that fits the CB1100 properly with small fairing? I would use it in my garage as an extra level of protection to help keep dust and pollen off it. Was thinking one of the top "stretch" type I have seen advertised but never in person....Thanks in advance.
 
You want something that breathes. For dust and pollen, just go to The Dollar Store or Walmart and pick up a large fitted large sheet.
 
Check Amazon and search for Formosa Covers.

I was skeptical since the prices are pretty low but I was surprised when I got it and the quality is actually pretty good. Nicely put together with a good quality fabric, soft cloth liner for the windshield area, strong elastic around the bottom.

Sometimes they have mark downs on less popular color combinations and since they are "generic" they don't advertise what kind of bike is hiding underneath.

I had ordered a big one to cover a Harley Street Glide, then used it on a BMW R1200RT and although it is probably too big I use the same one on my CB1100. I think the "touring" or "cruiser" sized ones may be the ones that have the soft windshield lining.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Now that would not be fun Ferret, you know it has to be custom!!!

LOL what was I thinking. I hear you can get one from Samurai-rider for 300,000 yen...plus shipping :rolleyes:
 
I have a Defender 2000 from Nelson Rigg, it's very good quality and it has an elastic cord around the bottom so it will fit snugly around the bike and there's no way it could get blown away by the wind when you have it on properly.
I don't know if the small fairing will make a difference, though.
 
Wow that first one sorta looks like a bike condom...ultra thin, no ribs
 
Cyclegear had their HD cover on sale last month so I picked up three, two large and one medium. The large for the Griso and CB and the medium for the CB350. They fit pretty good. A little loose, but they stay out side (no garage) and are tough enough to survive monsoon storms.
 
PowderToastMan_imp said:
I have a Defender 2000 from Nelson Rigg, it's very good quality and it has an elastic cord around the bottom so it will fit snugly around the bike and there's no way it could get blown away by the wind when you have it on properly.
I don't know if the small fairing will make a difference, though.
hello PTM
Could you tell me which size you purchased fro Nelson Rigg? L or XL?

Thanks!
 
I had a hard time finding one for mine, because I wanted something with a soft liner against the bike's finish, and I have the Road Comet fairing. I ended up going with the Large DuraShield Deluxe. Even though I always keep mine garaged, it's pretty heavy, waterproof and dustproof, and has a heat-resistant lower panel along the sides. Even though it's not a custom fit for the bike (I couldn't find any premium covers that were), it's a decent fit, covers it completely (including tires), and it has strong elastic all along the bottom that keeps it very tight on the bike, as well as four grommets for tying it on. I'm pretty please with it, and got it on a major sale direct from DuraShield - I think I paid $45, and regular price was something like $110 or $120.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I had a hard time finding one for mine, because I wanted something with a soft liner against the bike's finish, and I have the Road Comet fairing. I ended up going with the Large DuraShield Deluxe. Even though I always keep mine garaged, it's pretty heavy, waterproof and dustproof, and has a heat-resistant lower panel along the sides. Even though it's not a custom fit for the bike (I couldn't find any premium covers that were), it's a decent fit, covers it completely (including tires), and it has strong elastic all along the bottom that keeps it very tight on the bike, as well as four grommets for tying it on. I'm pretty please with it, and got it on a major sale direct from DuraShield - I think I paid $45, and regular price was something like $110 or $120.
Is this the one you bought? I need one too, even though I too garage my CB.

DuraShield Deluxe?
 
treytexag_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I had a hard time finding one for mine, because I wanted something with a soft liner against the bike's finish, and I have the Road Comet fairing. I ended up going with the Large DuraShield Deluxe. Even though I always keep mine garaged, it's pretty heavy, waterproof and dustproof, and has a heat-resistant lower panel along the sides. Even though it's not a custom fit for the bike (I couldn't find any premium covers that were), it's a decent fit, covers it completely (including tires), and it has strong elastic all along the bottom that keeps it very tight on the bike, as well as four grommets for tying it on. I'm pretty please with it, and got it on a major sale direct from DuraShield - I think I paid $45, and regular price was something like $110 or $120.
Is this the one you bought? I need one too, even though I too garage my CB.

DuraShield Deluxe?

Yup, that's it!
Like I mentioned, it's far from a custom fit, but it does completely cover the bike, and it's a pretty high quality piece - and for that kind of money, it's a steal.
 
momanning_imp said:
PowderToastMan_imp said:
I have a Defender 2000 from Nelson Rigg, it's very good quality and it has an elastic cord around the bottom so it will fit snugly around the bike and there's no way it could get blown away by the wind when you have it on properly.
I don't know if the small fairing will make a difference, though.
hello PTM
Could you tell me which size you purchased fro Nelson Rigg? L or XL?

Thanks!
hello PTM
Could you tell me which size you purchased fro Nelson Rigg? L or XL?

Thanks!
I have a Nelson Riggs on my 14 DLX. Have used them for years and they are great covers. I have a National Cycle Street Shield EX, and a tail bag on the DLX. The XL size fits perfectly.
 
Back
Top