Corbin vs Astech Seats

paulw_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I know there are other threads on seats so I apologize for starting a new one. I have to make a decision in the next month regarding a new seat. The stock one is good for about 1-2 hours at best. I am specifically looking at a Corbin as I have had three of them in the past and have always been satisfied. However I have also looked at Astech here in Indiana and the reviews are good and in fact my dealer is the one the let me know about them. The Astech is 1/2 the price of the Corbin and retains the stock look but in the end it isn't price that will drive me.

Okay that was long, what I am looking for is feedback from anyone that has experienced either one of them.

Thank you.
 
Thanks for posting this. I took my first "longer" ride this weekend (from Chicago to Grand Rapids, MI) and my butt was killing me about 1.5 hours in. Definitely something I was wondering. I thought the seat was fine, until this weekend.
 
I had a Corbin on my first Valkyrie and loved it. Some fellow riders did not care for its firmness. It seems to be, as most everything else, a personal preference decision. I was able to go to the factory, in Hollister, and try before I bought it. Great place to visit. To bad they don't follow the mattress industries lead, try it for 100 days with no cost return, if not liked!

Never heard of Astech but if I was still doing long rides, which I'm not, I'd definitely get another Corbin.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
hi PaulW,

I had Spencer at 'great day to ride' GreatDayToRide.com has the largest selection of motorcycle equipment and parts including Accessories, Helmets, motorcycle Gear, Air and Fuel, 4-Wheel, Gloves, motorcycle Exhaust Pipes, Tops, Brakes, motorcycle Handlebars, motorcycle Seats, Footwear, Pants, motorcycle Windshields, Cables, motorcycle Wheels put new foam in my seat. It was a $75. job plus shipping. That, and a wool cover that I had prior have helped out my seat quite a bit. I was looking at Corbin also, but thought I'd try the less expensive approach first. If this doesn't work out, then maybe Corbin? Where are you in Indiana?
030680703ba0a8e8ac3f29c98b0c5990.png
 
Thread starter
Vic_imp said:
hi PaulW,

I had Spencer at 'great day to ride' GreatDayToRide.com has the largest selection of motorcycle equipment and parts including Accessories, Helmets, motorcycle Gear, Air and Fuel, 4-Wheel, Gloves, motorcycle Exhaust Pipes, Tops, Brakes, motorcycle Handlebars, motorcycle Seats, Footwear, Pants, motorcycle Windshields, Cables, motorcycle Wheels put new foam in my seat. It was a $75. job plus shipping. That, and a wool cover that I had prior have helped out my seat quite a bit. I was looking at Corbin also, but thought I'd try the less expensive approach first. If this doesn't work out, then maybe Corbin? Where are you in Indiana?
030680703ba0a8e8ac3f29c98b0c5990.png
Thanks for the input. I am in Plymouth. as an aside where did you get the tailbag? I am looking at finding a way to avoid relocating the turn signals for my current saddle bags.
 
paulw_imp said:
Vic_imp said:
hi PaulW,

I had Spencer at 'great day to ride' GreatDayToRide.com has the largest selection of motorcycle equipment and parts including Accessories, Helmets, motorcycle Gear, Air and Fuel, 4-Wheel, Gloves, motorcycle Exhaust Pipes, Tops, Brakes, motorcycle Handlebars, motorcycle Seats, Footwear, Pants, motorcycle Windshields, Cables, motorcycle Wheels put new foam in my seat. It was a $75. job plus shipping. That, and a wool cover that I had prior have helped out my seat quite a bit. I was looking at Corbin also, but thought I'd try the less expensive approach first. If this doesn't work out, then maybe Corbin? Where are you in Indiana?
030680703ba0a8e8ac3f29c98b0c5990.png
Thanks for the input. I am in Plymouth. as an aside where did you get the tailbag? I am looking at finding a way to avoid relocating the turn signals for my current saddle bags.
That's a Saddlemen tunnel/tail bag - Saddlemen TS1620S Tunnel Tail Bag | Motorcycle Tunnel Bag It has mount rings that connect to the posts on the CB1100.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the input. I have decide to go out on a limb and get AsTech to modify the seat. I will let everyone know once it is done in a month or so.
 
Back
Top