Corbin seat

This is the first factory seat that I have found to be halfway decent, however, in the past I have purchased Corbin seats for a 600 VLX, 750 Spirit, and 1100 Sabre and they were all far and away superior to the stock seats in both appearance, durability, and function. I am going to put at least 1000 miles on my new CB1100 before I make the call to switch but if I do, it will certainly be a Corbin. They have never disappointed me yet. And thanks for posting the thread to the Chip Beck seat, if I go to Corbin it will be one JUST like that one.
 
I have had Corbin seats for over 25 years on different bikes and I love them.
A few weeks ago I put one on my CB1100 and to me it changed the feel of the ride a lot. I bought it because the stock seat was just to hard for me (225 lbs) and after about an hour my butt got sore.
Now I have no problems and while at first it might feel a little hard over time it settles to your weight.
One other thing I noticed very much that now I feel much more one with the bike and can corner with more confidence,I feel more in control with the Corbin seat on the bike.
One thing you have to be careful with ;the seat is a very tight fit in the beginning and difficult to lock in place and to unlock.
For the first few trips I just put the seat loose on the bike ( only fitted in the front) After a while the seat will also lock in the back and than is easier to unlock without having to put a lot of force on the locking mechanism.
I went for the all vinyl version because more water proof and less upkeep than leather,others might prefer the leather as it get less hot.
 
Thread starter
Kyhiker1100_imp said:
Has anyone purchased a Corbin seat to replace the stock seat? If so are u happy?
They are pretty expensive.
My Corbin seat with backrest came yesterday. What a difference. No trouble putting it or or off. I put it in place and hit down with a closed fist on the rear and it clicked right into place, no adjustments necessary. Will be trying it out tow up this weekend and report back on the results.
Happy Riding :beerchug:
 
Good morning all ~ I am looking to pull the trigger on a new seat purchase. Anybody want to chime in on their latest experiences with after market seat? I am hoping for one that sits me back a little without feeling like I'm sitting downhill.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Corbin...
 
Blockhead_imp said:
Good morning all ~ I am looking to pull the trigger on a new seat purchase. Anybody want to chime in on their latest experiences with after market seat? I am hoping for one that sits me back a little without feeling like I'm sitting downhill.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Corbin...
Go for the Corbin,I have them on all my bikes and putting it on the CB1100 made a world of difference,you will not regret buying a Corbin seat for this bike.
 
I hate the thought of buying after market seats. I'll spend $ on a nice set of Panniers since the bike doesn't have them. Wind protection, ditto. However, I paid good $ for a bike, it comes with a seat. I'm no woos, why spend $500 to replace a perfectly good seat? I don't buy aftermarket seats!

So I fought and fought the idea, tried airhawk, buttpad waited and waited for the stock seat to break-in. But it got worse and worse to the point where I actually did not want to ride the bike, so I bit the bullet and went with the Corbin (I'm 6' 180 and I couldn't tell you if the stocker was too hard or two soft. All I know was it was uncomfortable as heck and continually pushed me toward the tank).

The Corbin has made all the difference in the world.

Now I know some people are perfectly happy with the stocker. Lord knows I wish I were as I'd rather spend the $ elsewhere. So, I'm sure there is some size/shape/weight of rider/derriere that fits the stock seat perfectly. I'm not that guy.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have had Corbin seats for over 25 years on different bikes and I love them.
A few weeks ago I put one on my CB1100 and to me it changed the feel of the ride a lot. I bought it because the stock seat was just to hard for me (225 lbs) and after about an hour my butt got sore.
Now I have no problems and while at first it might feel a little hard over time it settles to your weight.
One other thing I noticed very much that now I feel much more one with the bike and can corner with more confidence,I feel more in control with the Corbin seat on the bike.
One thing you have to be careful with ;the seat is a very tight fit in the beginning and difficult to lock in place and to unlock.
For the first few trips I just put the seat loose on the bike ( only fitted in the front) After a while the seat will also lock in the back and than is easier to unlock without having to put a lot of force on the locking mechanism.
I went for the all vinyl version because more water proof and less upkeep than leather,others might prefer the leather as it get less hot.
Are you sure the stock seat is too HARD and not so soft that the foam totally squashes and you're basically sitting on squished foam and the seat pan?

I am a little heavier than you (currently, but not for long, I hope, lol) and I find the stock seat leaves much to be desired with regard to support. I was looking at Corbin and other manufacturers as well, but I believe I need a HARDER seat than stock, not softer, for better support. At least that's my conclusion from what I read on various seat manufacturers' websites.
 
Just sent my seat out to Seth Laam in CA will give a report when i get it back in a week or so. Had Corbin and Sergent seats. They were OK but always put me back further than i wanted. Seth took the time to listen, hopefully this will turn out well. A bit different in design, he puts wings on the side (not as aggressive as Russel Day Long) and new padding.
 
I just received my Corbin seat today after an 8 week wait. Just finished about a 40 mile ride. It is different from the stock seat as it is wider in the butt section but more comfortable when riding. I am inseam challenged and find I can not get my feet completely flat at a stop with the Corbin but could with the stock seat but I am not tip toeing it either. I like it.
 
Gentlemen,

I have 3 seats. The stock seat, a K&H Mid (stock height) seat, and a Chip Beck Spec Corbin seat. I like the K&H better than the stock seat but for me the Corbin is the most comfortable. I like the feel of the leather (the K&H is vinyl) and no matter where I sit on it I don't slide forward or back.

Chip
 
Speaking of which, we should be getting very close to setting a date to get some local bikes and seats together for a bum fest. What looks good for you folks?
 
It annoys me that Corbin is so independent that they will not build anything other then that one seat style. I'd buy a gun fighter seat from them in a heart beat but I don't like the gun fighter and lady enough to pay them for it (but it does look like a nice seat) . I just don't see the big deal. If your going to have a seat pan made how hard is it to expand the offerings at least a little. I'll probably buy one of the Japanese offerings some time before next spring (unless Corbin sees the light prior to)

I've purchased at least a half dozen seats from Corbin over the years and I'd like to continue to do so but I'd not paying their price for anything less then what I want. I've got the money honey if you've got the time. Chip if you have some "in" with Corbin maybe let them know how I and likely others feel about this.

Never take your customer base for granted it can dry up. Used to be the problem with Corbin was the turn around time. Hasn't been bad of late. But if I can't get what I want then I'll go down the street or across the pond.

Bad business practices on their part in my estimation. Not like I'm asking for the unreasonable. And yes they'll say limited market but that's OK. Ask a little more money if needed but let the customer have their pick. I'll stop wining now.
 
There is a very good chance you have a local guy (they will have to use your seat pan) that do a seat for you. We have a few choices in Phoenix; found out that one shop that does boat seats and interiors will do cycle seats too. From your pan. Too many choices to limit yourself to one vender.
 
Back
Top