Corbin seat

Cresty_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Received my Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat today and just finished installing it. Off and on much easier than the original seat. One thing I noted is the clearance between the front of the seat and the rear of the tank. Original seat had been scuffing the finish on the tank in that area. As far as comfort, that I will find out in a few miles or so.
 
Hope you like it. Most do. I find the Corbins incredibly hard, although I've only sat on one and never ridden one anyplace.
 
I have that same seat and yes it is hard but I still like it my butt goes numb after a few hours but i'm usually ready to pull over by then and stretch anyway..
 
Thread starter
Weather here allowed me to take my first ride with my Corbin seat installed. It does seem to be a tad hard, but I'm willing to give it some time to break in. The only problem I noted that when I attempted to put the bike on it's center stand, the strap across the top of the seat is missing. Without the strap I find it hard to lift and pull back to up right the bike. What am I missing here. Is everyone with a Corbin seat using a different way of grabbing the seat or else where?
 
Cresty_imp said:
Weather here allowed me to take my first ride with my Corbin seat installed. It does seem to be a tad hard, but I'm willing to give it some time to break in. The only problem I noted that when I attempted to put the bike on it's center stand, the strap across the top of the seat is missing. Without the strap I find it hard to lift and pull back to up right the bike. What am I missing here. Is everyone with a Corbin seat using a different way of grabbing the seat or else where?
I use one hand on handlebar, other hand under frame rail
 
I have a Honda rack that makes a great handle.
 
Cresty, have you had the chance to break the Corbin in a little? I am looking at this seat too, but for the price I really want to know if it works for others. Does it slide you forward at all?

I am 6'0 with 32 inch inseam, and the stock seat starts hurting after 30 minutes. Not numbness, though that comes in later, but pressure and pain from the angle of the seat sliding me forward. I try to slide back and the curve just slides me forward again, so I am stuck either holding myself up, or giving up and sitting painfully on the hard narrow part of the seat. Typically with a few choice words for Honda's seat designers.
 
Hondakid_imp said:
Cresty, have you had the chance to break the Corbin in a little? I am looking at this seat too, but for the price I really want to know if it works for others. Does it slide you forward at all?

I am 6'0 with 32 inch inseam, and the stock seat starts hurting after 30 minutes. Not numbness, though that comes in later, but pressure and pain from the angle of the seat sliding me forward. I try to slide back and the curve just slides me forward again, so I am stuck either holding myself up, or giving up and sitting painfully on the hard narrow part of the seat. Typically with a few choice words for Honda's seat designers.
Hondakid,

At your height, you might want to consider ordering a taller Corbin. Check out the link below based on my experience...it should help you make your decision as it addresses most of your concerns:

Higher Corbin Seat
 
Hey, Hondakid, I'm about the same dimensions as you. And I experienced the same situation with the standard seat. So, I ordered a Corbin seat with extra foam a couple of years ago. It's hard at first. But, true to what Corbin says about their seats, that's intentional. The harder foam molds around the shape of your butt over time and becomes quite comfortable. Mine took about 600 miles. It has a really comfortable custom shape now. It supports me well. On longer rides, my legs need a stretch (and I need more fuel) before my behind gets sore.
 
I had a Corbin seat on my Honda NT650 Hawk for many years and it never did really soften up much - but that was 15 years ago.
The seat was broader and spread my weight (butt) over a larger area so in that way it was more comfortable and I got on fine with it.
 
Yes, the Corbin's are harder. But as mentioned they are usually wider which spreads out weight. They will never really get any softer, but that's ok, it's a soft, squishy seat that creates hot spots and increases fatigue. Harder is better for longer rides.
 
Thread starter
Hondakid_imp said:
Cresty, have you had the chance to break the Corbin in a little? I am looking at this seat too, but for the price I really want to know if it works for others. Does it slide you forward at all?

I am 6'0 with 32 inch inseam, and the stock seat starts hurting after 30 minutes. Not numbness, though that comes in later, but pressure and pain from the angle of the seat sliding me forward. I try to slide back and the curve just slides me forward again, so I am stuck either holding myself up, or giving up and sitting painfully on the hard narrow part of the seat. Typically with a few choice words for Honda's seat designers.
Only have a 100 miles on it so far, but quite happy with the seat. It has a trend to move me up and back compared to the factory seat. I like the looks and feel of the Corbin seat. Time will tell, but I would buy it again.
 
Thanks for the link Gumby.

Looks like this is on my short list for next mod.

But today I got a rear rack so I'm gonna go put that on :). No more backpack wearing. I'll post a pic in another thread later.
 
My first Corbin seat for the CB 1100 was the standard one , since than I ordered two higher version ones and last week I ordered my third and higher Corbin seat. I am 6 ft with 32 inseam and the higher ones feel more comfortable for ME.
 
Back
Top