Corbin Seat and Cast Rims for CB1100EX

nate_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Could I check with you guys on whether the Corbin Seat on their website for the 2013 model fits the 2014 CB1100EX?

I have the EX model with spoke rims and am intending to change both out for Tubeless cast wheels. However, I was told that I'd have to change both front brake discs as well in order for the cast wheel to work on my EX model. Apparently the brake discs on the front spoke wheel does not match the mounting points on the non EX models.
Anyone can help on this matter?

Thanks!
 
Yes, the disks for the cast wheels mount on the wheels themselves, vs. a typical rotor that has a carrier that mounts to the hub.

FWIW, you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone here to deal wheels and rotors with if you can work out the shipping. There's been many posts from members who want spoked wheels.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Yes, the disks for the cast wheels mount on the wheels themselves, vs. a typical rotor that has a carrier that mounts to the hub.

FWIW, you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone here to deal wheels and rotors with if you can work out the shipping. There's been many posts from members who want spoked wheels.
Thanks!

I'm all the way from Singapore. Do not think it will be cheap or convenient to ship the rims around half the globe!

But samuiriders are asking almost 2k(local currency) for the cast rims... So i'm still in deep thought...

Can check with you guys if the Corbin seat for the 2013 CB1100 fits the 2014 CB11EX?

Thanks!
 
Im with spaceman. Someone will trade you wheels for wheels. For sure each of you will be out just shipping cost. Just put the add on this forum and kick back!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the replies... I'll see how it goes when I get my EX next month.

Anyone fitted the Corbin seat on the 2014 CB1100EX???

Will the seat for 2013 model fit the 2014?
 
The frames are the same between 2013 and 2014, and I've only seen successful reports of people switching seats. Should all be the same mount points.
Although I think visually the luggage mounts are a different angle between the 13 and the 14 Deluxe (no EX here)
 
Thread starter
shdwghst457_imp said:
The frames are the same between 2013 and 2014, and I've only seen successful reports of people switching seats. Should all be the same mount points.
Although I think visually the luggage mounts are a different angle between the 13 and the 14 Deluxe (no EX here)
Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I've noticed that the 2013 and 2014 bikes have different mounting points(hence the different accessories available) especially at the rear end of the bike...

Hope someone with the Corbin seat can chip in as to whether it fits on the 2014 Deluxe model which you guys have in the USA. The DLX model should be exactly similar with the EX that I'm getting.
 
I will pick up my 2014 DLX on Friday (finally !!!) and will see if my Corbin seat from my 2013 will fit.
I let you know on Saturday.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I will pick up my 2014 DLX on Friday (finally !!!) and will see if my Corbin seat from my 2013 will fit.
I let you know on Saturday.
Houtman - that's great news. Be sure to post pictures!
 
Houtman is that a big GRIN!! :) for some reason I thought you already had your 14 deluxe. Send us pics. I think the seat will fall rite on that bad boy 14 :)
Houtman I think you will be #21 with the deluxe on this forum!! Your keeping your 13 rite?
 
Yes ,I will keep my 2013.
If I had known that a 2014 would come out in 2014 I probably would have waited a year as I very much prefer the silver engine and wheels.
I can not sell my 2013 as it has vin # 000002 !
After I pick the bike up from Southern Honda Power Sport I will tell you why it took so long.
 
Houtman Houtman. !!! What ? What ? Tell me now your vin #. Grrrr. It better not be close to # 2. :). This is not fair. To make me wait. I already knew your 13 is # 2.
 
I do not know the vin yet as I will pick up the bike on Friday.
When I have it at my house I will post why the delay in getting the bike I ordered in early march, including putting down a deposit.
Michael, I could not reply to your pm as you had reached the max pm.s
 
Wow that's long time to wait! But I think your up to something lol. I will go clean out my mail box. I did not know it was full.
 
Houtman I know you not sleeping it's the nite before you pick up you 14 deluxe! I'm worse than a woman!!! Lol. I got to know why it took so long for you to get this bike :) heck I can't even sleep!! Lol
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I will pick up my 2014 DLX on Friday (finally !!!) and will see if my Corbin seat from my 2013 will fit.
I let you know on Saturday.
Thanks! Can't wait to hear from you!
ScottSny_imp said:
I would trade my cast wheels for the spoked wheels if you are interested nate

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Hmm...

My brand new 1100EX will be out end of June or early July...

How do I shipped both front and rear rims including front brake disc to you? Hmm...
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Houtman I know you not sleeping it's the nite before you pick up you 14 deluxe! I'm worse than a woman!!! Lol. I got to know why it took so long for you to get this bike :) heck I can't even sleep!! Lol
Could it be a possible import:dodgy:
 
nate_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I will pick up my 2014 DLX on Friday (finally !!!) and will see if my Corbin seat from my 2013 will fit.
I let you know on Saturday.
Thanks! Can't wait to hear from you!
ScottSny_imp said:
I would trade my cast wheels for the spoked wheels if you are interested nate

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Hmm...

My brand new 1100EX will be out end of June or early July...

How do I shipped both front and rear rims including front brake disc to you? Hmm...
Thanks! Can't wait to hear from you!
ScottSny_imp said:
I would trade my cast wheels for the spoked wheels if you are interested nate

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Hmm...

My brand new 1100EX will be out end of June or early July...

How do I shipped both front and rear rims including front brake disc to you? Hmm...
My email is snyep4@Gmail.com. I have a 2013 that I just bought used. Just over 1000 miles on it now. I could take a bunch of pics and send to you. The wheels are perfect and so are the tires. Let me know. Enjoy the new bike!!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top