Cool video...Seventies Superbikes!

veech_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Great video about the evolution of superbikes in the 1970's (the CB750four is prominently featured of course!)

Be sure to have a towel handy when watching this to wipe up the drool:

 
Veech posted this not so long ago (thanks again, Veech). At the time I thought it was a very "cool" vid. I just had another look and the thought occurred to me that if you dropped a CB1100 into that lot many wouldn't blink an eyelid. And that's despite Naish's rather condescending comment regarding the blandness of modern retros.

Cheers
 
that was awesome!! thanks for posting. The cbx was pretty cool.. I remember the first time I saw one as a kid...it was and still is an amazing bike.
 
Love it. That really was the heyday of motorcycling, at least in my opinion. The CBX still gives me wood. Oddly, no V7, R90S, Commando, Desmo 900 or Jota in the group, but I think they belong too.
 
Glad you liked the video :)

It was fun to make as well.

We've made a new one about the KH250, RD250 and GT250s a lot of people started on in the UK in the 70s and 80s.

Check it out if you're interested:

 
:thumbsup: Great video Brightside, Brings back many memories.I can almost smell the two stroke oil still clinging to my clothes lol. Is that you in the video? Welcome to the forum btw.
 
Brightside_imp said:
Glad you liked the video :)

It was fun to make as well.

We've made a new one about the KH250, RD250 and GT250s a lot of people started on in the UK in the 70s and 80s.

Check it out if you're interested:

Thank you very much for this one!

The RD250 was my very first bike. I disassembled it to the last screw and did more than 90,000 km in 5 years, needing 3 sets of oversize pistons and 2 crankshafts. It was really a great bike for that time and my budget.

And it was much much faster than the CB250 of my friend. :banana:
 
Back
Top