Considering custom paint job. Anyone have one?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I had a small oopsie this weekend and ended up with a bad scratch on my RC1 fairing. I contacted the local custom moto paint guy to fix it and he came back with an offer to do a full custom job on the whole bike for $800, although I'm sure I could talk him down a bit. A new RC1 is almost $400 so a full paint job for $800 sounds pretty good to me.

I hadn't really thought about it but that would certainly make my CB even more unique. Here is a rough sketch of his idea. I'm kinda diggin it!




Thoughts?
 
Cool Sketch!! and let us know which artist/shop you go with, $800.00 sounds reasonable.

My thoughts? would be to switch it around and do the main color in Silver and the stripes in red then leave the inserts in charcoal grey & matte black lowers.
 
Thread starter
lola_imp said:
Cool Sketch!! and let us know which artist/shop you go with, $800.00 sounds reasonable.

My thoughts? would be to switch it around and do the main color in Silver and the stripes in red then leave the inserts in charcoal grey & matte black lowers.
Yeah, that sounds pretty cool and would be a total departure!
 
I've thought about this a lot. If I were going to spring for a paint job, I'd go with a throwback scheme that gave a nod to the original '83 CB1100 :

5b0363e3fe43fd736240e9a90a3fb458.jpg


85229d287e241283daa87e0268f7d5af.jpg


2729e094e579d225ecd5618b834e1fb8.jpg
 
That gold and black colour schemed one on here (I think the owner is in France) looks awesome. If I ever wreck my paint I'm going for that.

Curious to see how it turns out though -- $800 for a reputable shop to do what you have pictured is a great price.
 
Thread starter
I'll keep you guys posted if I decide to move forward. I asked the guy to send me some samples of his work. He did a small job for me in the past and it was good work.
 
Painting Your CB1100 - Painting Your CB1100

I encourage everyone to consider it (DIY or Pro). Was fun, the bike feels more like my own, and I'll probably paint it again sometime down the line. I stress less about a scratch or ding.

The CB1100 Taiwan Facebook group shows some of the other colors folks have done.
 
Thread starter
I like the old school CB idea but I think I want to do something truly unique and custom looking, not something that's been done in the past. I'm liking my painter's ideas so if I proceed will probably do something along those lines.
 
I always thought one would look good painted like the red 79 CBX
 
Back
Top