connection to control unit with OBD

What exactly do you mean?

I have a GiPro gear shift indicator plugged into the DLC. AND I have the HealTech diagnostic tool that plugs into the DLC.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What exactly do you mean?

I have a GiPro gear shift indicator plugged into the DLC. AND I have the HealTech diagnostic tool that plugs into the DLC.
sorry, as I have for the car, ODBCII connector connected to the ECU socket
 
Our bikes don't have an ODBCII connector. They use the Honda Diagnostic System.

Now, I know that bikes are going to get ODBC sometime, by government decree I think. If newer bikes have it I don't know about it. Sorry.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Our bikes don't have an ODBCII connector. They use the Honda Diagnostic System.

Now, I know that bikes are going to get ODBC sometime, by government decree I think. If newer bikes have it I don't know about it. Sorry.
is it possible to have it?:freddo:
 
I guess it is possible but I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe someone here knows more.. I don't know about the bikes you get in Italy. What year/model is it?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Our bikes don't have an ODBCII connector. They use the Honda Diagnostic System.

Now, I know that bikes are going to get ODBC sometime, by government decree I think. If newer bikes have it I don't know about it. Sorry.
The recent Honda Africa Twin models support OBDII.
 
Only a few video's available on youtube using an adaptor lead from dlc to obd2 and a bluetooth dongle and android phone with the appropriate software;


Presumably from indonesia but shows the relevant information, the system is using what is known as the "k wire" which is a bi-directional data protocol over one wire and ground at 12 volt logic data signal level instead of 5 volt logic.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I guess it is possible but I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe someone here knows more.. I don't know about the bikes you get in Italy. What year/model is it?
cb 1100 ex 2014

d209c8e906e5d002f3379be164cba5cd.

max_imp said:
Only a few video's available on youtube using an adaptor lead from dlc to obd2 and a bluetooth dongle and android phone with the appropriate software;


Presumably from indonesia but shows the relevant information, the system is using what is known as the "k wire" which is a bi-directional data protocol over one wire and ground at 12 volt logic data signal level instead of 5 volt logic.
Who knows if this is compatible with our cb 1100?

Kit diagnosi Diagnosi OBD HEALTECH | HT-OBD-H01
 
That is what I have. It works with a Windows computer. The only thing I have used mine for so far is data gathering for the idle problems some were having. It works with Hondas and even some outboards. I have a Honda outboard so that’s a plus! Haven’t tried it on the outboard though.

They also keep the software updated and you can update it when connected to the internet.

It connects to the red diagnostic connector located behind the left side panel.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That is what I have. It works with a Windows computer. The only thing I have used mine for so far is data gathering for the idle problems some were having. It works with Hondas and even some outboards. I have a Honda outboard so that’s a plus! Haven’t tried it on the outboard though.

They also keep the software updated and you can update it when connected to the internet.

It connects to the red diagnostic connector located behind the left side panel.
I have seen that used with other late model Honda owners too.

I use this:



... and Bluetooth connect it to the "Torque Pro" app running on Android. It all works very well.

The blue OBD2 dongle also works in every car I've tried (e.g. Honda, Kia, Dodge, Toyota, etc.).
 
Enzofour_imp said:
Beware:

The shown above "may" only be applicable to 2017- CB1100s. Somebody would need to investigate what it takes (if even possible) to get something working on a 2013/14 model year.
 
The 13/14 models don't have OBD. Either use HDS (per the manual) or the Healtech.
 
Noticed Mr Lord Popgun had previously bought HealTech OBD tool, so I ordered their OBD-H01 scanner today ($229 from Podium Bike in MI). These are "make specific" hence the H01 model is only for Hondas which I am more than ok with. Just shipped today, so maybe by Thanksgiving I can try it out :)
 
Good to know about the other member who has that scanner ...in case if I am stuck on the road :D
:beerchug:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Good to know about the other member who has that scanner ...in case if I am stuck on the road :D
:beerchug:
Absolutely. Also, I know there are some other members in the San Diego area so they would be welcome to use it .
 
bflint_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Good to know about the other member who has that scanner ...in case if I am stuck on the road :D
:beerchug:
Absolutely. Also, I know there are some other members in the San Diego area so they would be welcome to use it .
Absolutely. Also, I know there are some other members in the San Diego area so they would be welcome to use it .
That would be interesting to witness PB.
 
Thread starter
bflint_imp said:
Noticed Mr Lord Popgun had previously bought HealTech OBD tool, so I ordered their OBD-H01 scanner today ($229 from Podium Bike in MI). These are "make specific" hence the H01 model is only for Hondas which I am more than ok with. Just shipped today, so maybe by Thanksgiving I can try it out :)
Well, I await your feed back, what model is your CB?: rolleyes:
Thank you, you are magnificent!
 
Back
Top