Comet 2 Fairing/black with tinted screen on way

Spiderwatts_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Samurider is getting more coin from me. Every time I see pictures of our bike with the Comet fairing it looks better and better. Finally pulled the trigger and will be on alert for mailman delivering. I’ll post pictures after install.
 
Looking forward to the pictures.
 
I ordered one a week ago too! lol. I paid to get it black like my 14 standard and it will have the matching red/grey stripes with the tinted screen. Hope it comes out ok cuz it was not cheap!
 
Spiderwatts_imp said:
Samurider is getting more coin from me. Every time I see pictures of our bike with the Comet fairing it looks better and better. Finally pulled the trigger and will be on alert for mailman delivering. I’ll post pictures after install.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
 
I like the looks of the Comet a lot but the position looks much the same as one of my National Cycle screens and that put the wind right in my face and was very noisy on the freeway. Backroads were nicer in cool weather.
 
Thread starter
Great minds think alike. I am so happy I bought the 2014 standard with the blacked out motor and cast black wheels (and having 6th speed, and I like the dials from this model over the newer ones) and the leftover price of 6600 was a steal. It is such high quality.
I thought about the stripe match too but went with the plain black with tinted screen. It really looks like it transforms the bike. You’re right about the price. However, the high KH seat I bought from them a couple of moths ago was such a work of art and fantastic quality I am more comfortable taking a chance on the fairing. Plus a lot of forum members here seem to be very satisfied with the Comet 2 fairing. I thought I was through adding mods to the bike but apparently I have some kind of disease:)
 
Nortoon, Samurider ships by international shipper EMS (Express Mail Service). Once the package clears customs, it is passed to, well, I’m not sure. US Mail I think. Its been a while since I ordered from Mr. T. Here is a link from the Samurider site to EMS. It is in English.
Express Mail Service (EMS) - Japan Post
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Spiderwatts_imp said:
Samurider is getting more coin from me. Every time I see pictures of our bike with the Comet fairing it looks better and better. Finally pulled the trigger and will be on alert for mailman delivering. I’ll post pictures after install.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
My stuff from Samurider was delivered to me via Canada Post, who also collected duty and taxes.
 
Townie_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Spiderwatts_imp said:
Samurider is getting more coin from me. Every time I see pictures of our bike with the Comet fairing it looks better and better. Finally pulled the trigger and will be on alert for mailman delivering. I’ll post pictures after install.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
My stuff from Samurider was delivered to me via Canada Post, who also collected duty and taxes.
Canada Post has collected 13% HST and a $10 administration fee, but never customs duties from me. With free trade there should be no customs duties.

Is there customs duties on the accessories from Samurider? :huh:
 
I've got the comet 2 fairing on my 2016 black beauty.
It has the matching striping, and I got the dark tint.
Personally I think it looks like it belongs there.
I also got the "touring" screen, I think they all it, with the swoop on the top.
I'm 5'10 and it put the air on my neck/chin.
It's not a problem, but I would like a quieter helmet.
I think you'll really like the fairing.
They're pretty easy to install also. I was impressed by the hardware that came with it, the nuts and bolts look like they came from NASA.
Quality stuff.
Best holiday wishes to all.
Crutch
 
Thread starter
I just got through working and rode my bike tonight. I cannot rave enough about the KH seat. It’s not just the high model I bought but the foam density. It is comfortable beyond belief and soaks up any bumps the shocks let get through. It does not sink like the stock seat and feels like I am driving a Bentley. On top of the NASA build quality that is hidden from view until you take off the seat and see the craftsmanship of the pan, hardware, and exact attention to detail it is truly humbling to sit on this seat.
I’m lucky I can ride here in God’s country (Louisiana) pretty much year round. I’ve been trying to ride only in the dry and keep this black beauty in a garage when parked. I have a nice chair and old timely TV in my garage too with my other bike and all my workshop tools. It puts a smile on my face every time I look at it or ride it. Thank you Honda for making the black six speed cast wheel bike. And thank you for my good luck finding and getting this “leftover” model I bought for my birthday in late September. My family knows where to find me late at night.
 
Spiderwatts_imp said:
I just got through working and rode my bike tonight. I cannot rave enough about the KH seat. It’s not just the high model I bought but the foam density. It is comfortable beyond belief and soaks up any bumps the shocks let get through. It does not sink like the stock seat and feels like I am driving a Bentley. On top of the NASA build quality that is hidden from view until you take off the seat and see the craftsmanship of the pan, hardware, and exact attention to detail it is truly humbling to sit on this seat.
I’m lucky I can ride here in God’s country (Louisiana) pretty much year round. I’ve been trying to ride only in the dry and keep this black beauty in a garage when parked. I have a nice chair and old timely TV in my garage too with my other bike and all my workshop tools. It puts a smile on my face every time I look at it or ride it. Thank you Honda for making the black six speed cast wheel bike. And thank you for my good luck finding and getting this “leftover” model I bought for my birthday in late September. My family knows where to find me late at night.
Seat sounds great, have you been able to do a long distance/long time ride to see if it holds up. I could only stay on the stock seat for about an hour.
I ve got the identical bike as you, I have added a corbin seat in place of the stock one.
 
Thread starter
Mscb1100_imp said:
Spiderwatts_imp said:
I just got through working and rode my bike tonight. I cannot rave enough about the KH seat. It’s not just the high model I bought but the foam density. It is comfortable beyond belief and soaks up any bumps the shocks let get through. It does not sink like the stock seat and feels like I am driving a Bentley. On top of the NASA build quality that is hidden from view until you take off the seat and see the craftsmanship of the pan, hardware, and exact attention to detail it is truly humbling to sit on this seat.
I’m lucky I can ride here in God’s country (Louisiana) pretty much year round. I’ve been trying to ride only in the dry and keep this black beauty in a garage when parked. I have a nice chair and old timely TV in my garage too with my other bike and all my workshop tools. It puts a smile on my face every time I look at it or ride it. Thank you Honda for making the black six speed cast wheel bike. And thank you for my good luck finding and getting this “leftover” model I bought for my birthday in late September. My family knows where to find me late at night.
Seat sounds great, have you been able to do a long distance/long time ride to see if it holds up. I could only stay on the stock seat for about an hour.
I ve got the identical bike as you, I have added a corbin seat in place of the stock one.
Seat sounds great, have you been able to do a long distance/long time ride to see if it holds up. I could only stay on the stock seat for about an hour.
I ve got the identical bike as you, I have added a corbin seat in place of the stock one.
Last ride was from Louisiana to Taos, NM and vicinity. About 2400 miles round trip. Seat was perfect. Highly recommended.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Spiderwatts_imp said:
Samurider is getting more coin from me. Every time I see pictures of our bike with the Comet fairing it looks better and better. Finally pulled the trigger and will be on alert for mailman delivering. I’ll post pictures after install.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
Does Samurider always ship my mail? I am considering purchasing some accessories from them, but do not want it shipped by courier. They always add all sorts of extra charges which really adds to the expense.

Besides it's winter here, so I am not in any hurry to receive the goods. Too darn cold in the garage to be wrenching.
My stuff from Samurider was delivered to me via Canada Post, who also collected duty and taxes.
Canada Post has collected 13% HST and a $10 administration fee, but never customs duties from me. With free trade there should be no customs duties.

Is there customs duties on the accessories from Samurider? :huh:
Canada Post has collected 13% HST and a $10 administration fee, but never customs duties from me. With free trade there should be no customs duties.

Is there customs duties on the accessories from Samurider? :huh:
You might be right about no customs or duties. I looked for my Canada Post receipt, but I must have thrown it out. I do recall paying a goodly amount of money to Canada Post before they'd let me have my box of Mr. T's goodies.
 
Back
Top