color : red only ?

doggrell3000_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
as far as i can tell from the honda cb1100 website this bike only comes in the color red . please tell me this is not true . what is honda thinking ? all motorcycles should at least be offered in black . i hate red vehicles . i would like to buy a cb1100 but it must be in the non color black . please advise . thank you .

doggrell3000
new york ny
 
doggrell3000_imp said:
as far as i can tell from the honda cb1100 website this bike only comes in the color red . please tell me this is not true . what is honda thinking ? all motorcycles should at least be offered in black . i hate red vehicles . i would like to buy a cb1100 but it must be in the non color black . please advise . thank you .

doggrell3000
new york ny
It's true, sorry, man. It's not really 'red' red, more of a wineberry pearl or something along those lines. But if it's going to prevent you from buying one, you'll just have to wait and see if they offer more colors next year. In other markets they already offer black, white and blue. There's also a 'Black Edition', with all blacked-out motor and wheels, Japan only I think. I believe the Japanese market also gets a silver one.
 
Thread starter
scoobynut and cb1100 forum

i found the picture of what honda japan calls " cb1100 black style " .

2a1e526fcf11671e4b31efd7cd3768bc.jpg


the cb1100 " black style " is imho so much cooler than the red model that there is no comparison . what is honda thinking ? why don't they offer the cb1100 black style simultaneously with the red model here in the usa ? i will buy the cb1100 black style asap . wake up honda !

doggrell3000
new york ny
 
Hi doggrell3000,

I think I might have felt the same way you do — if the bike had only been offered in any single color other than the candy red. Of the paint color combinations that I've seen on this bike thus far, the red/silver paint scheme is by far my favorite. (Honda was probably thinking that they would enjoy receiving some money from guys like me. :D)

Hopefully this bike sells well enough that those of us in the states will see some of the other colors made available at some point down the road.
 
If the bike had come in black, id have probably bought the black, but I'm glad it only came in the red. Its really a pretty bike and it forced me to break out of my shell a little bit.

I don't really care for the entirely blacked out version, I like the contrast between paint and chrome, between red and silver.
 
I had the black Honda Elite 110 scooter-chose it over the red, and I'm glad we got the red CB. I really like the red that it is and not that real old Honda red they used to have, sorta like on all my other Honda stuff like generators, etc. But, whatever trips you trigger!
 
I am in Canada and Honda Canada will only bring in White with the gray motor and gray wheels. For this stunning choice we get to pay a Honda Canada premium of over $4000.00 plus the taxes in Ontario of 13% .

They have built a bike I would love to have in my garage after 25 years away from the Honda but I refuse to pay such a premium . I will look into buying a Red bike in the US and will have to install a kmh speedo as the motorcycle industry has lobbied the feds to change the rules of import of motorcycles.

Honda Canada drove me away in 1986 with thier lack of warranty support . I hope they realize the internet allows the consumers to see exactly how ruthless they are. I live 45 minutes from Buffalo NY and see no reason to suport Honda Canada. This will mean warranty will have to be done in the US but that is no issue to me.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I had the black Honda Elite 110 scooter-chose it over the red, and I'm glad we got the red CB. I really like the red that it is and not that real old Honda red they used to have, sorta like on all my other Honda stuff like generators, etc. But, whatever trips you trigger!

I think this is baically the same red that was on my 76 750K only the stripes were bkack and gold
 
blazeone_imp said:
I think the candy apple red is a great classic color for a classic designed bike.
GSAviator_imp said:
Really, it's only the tank that's red. But I like it, and would have ordered that if there was a choice.

If they had it in white I probably would have gone with that. But now after having it in red and taking her out, it definitely looks gorgeous in red. Pictures don't do it justice
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I had the black Honda Elite 110 scooter-chose it over the red, and I'm glad we got the red CB. I really like the red that it is and not that real old Honda red they used to have, sorta like on all my other Honda stuff like generators, etc. But, whatever trips you trigger!

I think this is baically the same red that was on my 76 750K only the stripes were bkack and gold

I think this is baically the same red that was on my 76 750K only the stripes were bkack and gold According to Honda's website the paint code is R-101C-U, and on ColorRite's site that code is also used on The 2008-09 ST1300. It's called candy glory red.
 
I think the K6 750's red was called Candy Antares Red
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think the K6 750's red was called Candy Antares Red
The name sounds familiar. I think they used that color quite a bit over the years.
This color really brings back memories: [attachment=59]
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think the K6 750's red was called Candy Antares Red

Ferret, your like an encyclopedia of information on details on old motorcycles. I wish my memory was that good. I cant remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :huh:

To stay on topic, I thought I like the white ones better until I saw all the pics you guys have posted and now I know I like the Red better.
 
I like my red, classic look, but that black is very cool, looks like a satin finish,,I wonder what the blue would look like.....I guess future buyers might have choices, when is corbin building me a seat?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think the K6 750's red was called Candy Antares Red

Ferret, your like an encyclopedia of information on details on old motorcycles. I wish my memory was that good. I cant remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :huh:

To stay on topic, I thought I like the white ones better until I saw all the pics you guys have posted and now I know I like the Red better.

Ferret, your like an encyclopedia of information on details on old motorcycles. I wish my memory was that good. I cant remember what I had for lunch yesterday. :huh:

To stay on topic, I thought I like the white ones better until I saw all the pics you guys have posted and now I know I like the Red better.

Yea I cant remember lunch yesterday either lol

My ST is black, my 750 nighthawk was black, I thought Id buy a black CB 11, but Ive really grown to love the red. Its a stunning color.
 
Back
Top