Clutchless shifting

Like oil, filters and tires, there will never be an agreement on this subject.

My Honda has a clutch and I use it.... every shift. Always have, always will. I am never in so much of a hurry that I don't have time to squeeze the lever and release it again. As far as I can tell it takes the same amount of time to squeeze and release the blade as it does to let off or blip the throttle. YMMV
 
I think I understand now. Where the appeal of the DCT transmissions comes from. I've ridden them. They are great. But I like shifting.
Jim
 
tinboatcapt_imp said:
I think I understand now. Where the appeal of the DCT transmissions comes from. I've ridden them. They are great. But I like shifting.
Jim

You can still shifting if you like......smile. .
 
My 2016 BMW R1200R has an option call Gear Shift Assist Pro that allows up and down clutchless shifting.

Here is a video that kind of explains how it works.

 
The ferret_imp said:
Like oil, filters and tires, there will never be an agreement on this subject.

My Honda has a clutch and I use it.... every shift. Always have, always will. I am never in so much of a hurry that I don't have time to squeeze the lever and release it again. As far as I can tell it takes the same amount of time to squeeze and release the blade as it does to let off or blip the throttle. YMMV
I agree... however as off-roading I once broke my clutch lever and perch.. it's something worth while to know to get you home
 
Back
Top