Clutch Lever Replacement

tavoeltav_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi guys!

First off, I have terrible news... Only a month with my baby, and I dropped her already. :( It was so embarrassing! I was simply turning her around to park, when the front wheel slipped on some wet leaves, and down she went...

The good news is the crash guards around the engine did a great job at keeping her from getting damaged! Bad news is they can only do so much... My clutch lever broke right in half! Now I can't ride around... I tried calling shops and my local dealer and an OEM lever runs $46.00. That's way too much for just a lever! Does anyone know where I can get some aftermarket ones that fit it? And does anyone know what I would be getting myself into by replacing it myself?

Thanks for any and all help!
 
If you know a TIG welder you could repair it quickly. At least that's what I did for my brake lever. I bought a replacement incase I encounter another parking issue. Jon Z
 
I would call the local dealer and see if he will price match the online price because if you can walk in and get it, so much the better because usually you will pay shipping from an online store.

And make sure to save the page on your phone so you can show him that it's a genuine Honda part because they will always question that.

Oh, and dealers usually have 3 pricing schedules......
jobber...to mechanics (they buy a lot of stuff)
retail....to somewhat regular customers (not so much)
and list.....screw you, you are the general public.

I used to work at a dealer and I always hated that they toasted the general public like that. Not all of them, but most of them do. And inn the power sports end of things...yeah...forget about getting a break if they think they can get away with it.
 
Replacing the lever is easy. Just pull the cable out as far as possible to get the barrel end into the slot on the lever.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Replacing the lever is easy. Just pull the cable out as far as possible to get the barrel end into the slot on the lever.

Boy, you really did get the retro model CB4ME. :rofl:


Undo the nut, unscrew the screw, pull the lever out. Grease barrel and put barrel in new lever. Grease lever and perch. Stick new lever in making sure barrel and rod line up. Put screw back in, put nut back on.

How To lube the Clutch Lever Pivot
 
INTP_imp said:
You should look at some of the chinese pazzo knockoffs they sell on Amazon.
For the price difference I'd stick with the genuine part.
 
Even that $46 isn't really that bad. Though cast, our levers are actually pretty decent quality and include adjustability. A nice set of billet aftermarket replacements is almost twice as much per side.
 
Thread starter
So I placed the order today from the dealer. They gave me a discount that matched the price from partzilla including the shipping. I'll be back up and riding again in no time! Thank you all for the help and input! And thank you Ferret for the link to the guide! Extremely helpful! Thank you all again!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
 
Ferret, your post from 10-15-2015 was spot-on. It took me less than 10 minutes to replace mine and that includes swapping out the RLET! Remember, riders, follow Ferret's instructions, not the other stuff you find on the internet. Keep in mind that the CB1100 has a hydraulic clutch, so all that stuff you read about loosening a clutch cable don't hold true for this bike. Just be sure when reinstalling to align the hole in the brass-colored barrel so that the black clutch rod slides into it.
 
Back
Top